or Connect

Posts by dsb76

here is a "belly picture" at a little more than 6 weeks post partum.  Still look a little pregnant.  The belly is firm too - are the muscles just all stretched to a weird shape?   Anyway - I predict I will gain 2 lbs this week (all I am consuming is cookies...  at least molasses has iron in it so that's good for me) I started c25k today so I discovered how cardio deconditioned I have become the past 9 months :(
do you know which swab grew e coli?  If it was the butt swab it might be a contaminant and not actually causing the rash itself.  I think skin infections from e. coli are pretty rare.   Did the ped only give oral medication for the yeast or have you been using a cream like nystatin?
Very impressed with everyone's numbers!   My legs look really skinny - I think I've lost a lot of muscle mass.  Belly still looks big despite being at the same weight I was 1 year pp with dd1.  Also now I can see the yucky wrinkly skin.  Hoping it will bounce back - heard it takes a few years and even then may be loose :(   Pre-preg:    138 lbs At delivery  177 lbs 12/7 4wkpp 145 lbs 35" at waist 12/14 5wkpp 143 12/21 6wkpp 142 33.5"   Slow and steady...
I hired a doula knowing that there was a strong possibility I would have a c-section and also knowing that the doula would not be allowed in the OR with me.  Originally I worked out a deal with my doula that if I was scheduled for the c-section and gave her notice that I would not need her to be on call for the birth itself I would only pay her for a prenatal support visit at home and a postnatal support visit at home (50% of her normal fee).  When the time came I was...
Thank you so much, Amanda.  She loves to be photographed.   Everyone's babies look so big a squeezable!  Beautiful!  
Pre-preg:    138 lbs At delivery  177 lbs 12/7 4wkpp 145 lbs 35" at waist 12/14 5wkpp 143   Apparently being mindful of what I eat simply means being aware that I just ate all of the left over halloween candy.   Got the okay to start exercising on Mon - just no major ab workout for at least another 2 months.  Went to yoga yesterday.  Felt good to move again, just a little pulling/tugging (at an internal incision site?)  I feel a little sore today but that...
Thank you for all the info.  Question: How much did you estimate each baby needed for 1 day (24 hours)?  Is 25 oz a good guess?  I have close to 250 oz stored but I realize that some will be wasted (not finished bottles, spilled, etc).  I also had a horrible time pumping when I went back to work with dd1 - just because of time restraints.  I rarely take breaks while at work (eat on the go etc) so I ended up pumping on the way to work, forcing myself to take a lunch break...
I feel similarly.  Except I am pretty sure that 3 is enough for me.  I am disappointed I never got the birth I wanted (dd1 was induced and the twins were a c-section).  I was also really happy being pregnant with dd1 but the last month and 1/2 with this pregnancy was awful and I was so miserable that I can't really say I'll miss that part - plus there is the risk of cholestasis again.  Every once in while I catch myself thinking about who I would use for a vbac if I got...
Averylamb, beautiful photos!   Here are some photos I took for my holiday card this year:     My babies are now almost 7lbs a piece!
Thanks for the advice.  Things have improved over the past week - both babies are nursing exclusively and gaining weight and I'm not particularly engorged any more.  I was a little concerned about green poop and foremilk/hindmilk imbalance so now I try not to switch them back and forth from right to left more than every 24-48 hours and that seems to help. I am still pumping once a day - usually in the mid morning after my dd1 gets off to school/daycare to build up a...