or Connect

Posts by dgabriel

Hi everyone - I lurk more than I post, but I'm at a point where I need some words of encouragement or advice. I have 11 week old twins with drastically different needs -- dd1 sleeps 3-4 hours LESS per day than her sister. She falls asleep later at night, wakes more frequently, is up earlier, and naps less. She's less pleasant awake than her sister, as well, which may be because she's so tired, but nothing I do seems to help. I've tried co-sleeping, crib sleeping,...
Just called my lactation consultant (about something else, but I threw this question in there), and she said it's not a good idea to mix long term opiate use with breastfeeding. It's totally your deal, but she recommended going to a pain clinic, or looking into other pain management methods/meds if you want to continue breastfeeding. Also, it depends on the age of your LO, and how often your LO nurses. I second the search of Hale forum suggestion.
Whoa, everyone here needs to calm down. OP seems to have a mostly decent relationship with her X, but he's still hurting, still saying hurtful things & needs to figure things out. He cannot possibly follow through with his threats, and is completely reliant on her money. This is not (yet) a dangerous situation. Sharlla - BECAUSE you make more money & X is seen as a SAHD, you could very well LOSE 50/50 custody if you get nasty, and ALSO wind up paying ALL of his legal...
I wouldn't worry -- they'll do the test again or disregard it. It's not possible for one twin to be pos & the other to be neg, and all of these tests have a certain % of false positives.
I go from normal, nice ankles in the morning when I wake up, to massive elephant feet by lunch time. I just broke my favorite pair of slippers, too. My midwife says it's normal, and that it's more important to watch for hands/face swelling.
It'll be interesting to find out. I'm expecting fraternal girl twins (I'm due May 5th! eek!) with my Korean partner (I'm white). I'm incredibly curious to see who they take after, or if one is more like me/more like him. In my neighborhood, there are lots of asian/white families, and every child is different (of course). Even in families with two children, one can look obviously asian, while the other seems to be white with blondish hair. Yeah, I can't wait. I know...
DS is 7, and goes to a public Montessori school. Yesterday, I got a call from his teacher because another boy punched him in the stomach hard enough that he cried. The teacher said the boys made up, and played together at the end of the day, but I'm still very upset. This is NOT the first time the other boy has victimized my son and his friends. He's spit on DS, called him names, punched and kicked one of DS's best friends, and was moved into this classroom from...
My 7 yo is definitely starting to do this. He hasn't asked for a bottle, or started behaving like a baby, but he wants to sleep with me every night, and needs to be within 2 feet of me at all times. If I'm not interested in what he's doing (generally Bionicle related...), he throws a toddler-style tantrum. This is all new behavior, but many things will be changing for him (new house AND new babies). I'm not sure what to do, but for now I'm practicing patience and a wee...
That's almost *exactly* what we have! My seven year old son is lanky, dirty blond, green eyes, and I'm expecting two baby girls with my Korean DP. We will be wonderful, lovely, interesting families... I think we just have to be ready for the irritating questions, ykwim? How do you think we should prepare our older children for those questions? I haven't thought about it much. Because he's older, DP & I won't always be around when he gets them.
These are my "normal" cravings: - Udon noodles - little moochi covered ice cream balls from Whole Foods - Starburst Jellybeans - Hohos, or any chocolatey snacky cake, really. Here's the totally, completely weird one: - The smell of Windex and hand sanitizer. Suddenly & weirdly, I just can't get enough!! I thought it might be cleaning products in general, perhaps the nesting was beginning to kick in, but it's a very specific craving. Pinesol won't do it. So my...