or Connect

Posts by studentmama

Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy I mean a *heated* debate. We host discourse and peaceful discussion, once people start flaming others then it isn't something we can host. Not everyone likes that but that is just how we roll. We want people to talk like they are in the same room, or are even in one another's home. If I have 500 people in my house for a Pampered Chef party or something I am not generally going to pick a fight with them,...
Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy Oh I just want to say I am sorry I didn't respond for a bit my ds had a cardiology appt this morning. It went really well his heart is doing much better. :
Quote: Originally Posted by nonconformnmom Here's a crazy idea. How about having the politics and news forum be completely unmoderated? Everyone who enters would have to agree that they will behave as adults and that if their feelings get hurt or they get offended, they have to deal with it on their own. No whining! We could still have the membership requirements so that only people who have shown themselves to be decent MDC citizens would be...
First of all, I want to thank all the moderators, past and present, yours is the job that is long and hard and never recognized until it is too late. Thank you and I am sorry this is coming in so late. Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy This is so. but like I said, we need to do something different. One thing we always said in the political/news forums was that peaceful discourse was the goal. We never really achieved that. Whether it was...
Quote: Originally Posted by janhunt Even if the legislation hold doesn't apply to CPSIA, there may still be a delay: "There is an effort going on to delay the implementation of CPSIA from February 10 until August, 2009. See attached letter at link below. The CPSC cannot do it, but Congress can. Acting Chair, Nancy Nord, reportedly does not object." - CPSIA Central The letter is excellent - see http://doiop.com/CPSIA_delay (pdf file)....
http://www.etsy.com/search_results.p...0000.00&page=1 For more information about the CPSIA law, check out the thread in activism or the Handmade Toy Alliance link in my sig.
Thanks y'all. I also got a rec. for Broadway Animal hospital and I called them up, very reasonable, and took the cats in today for shots, and they were so nice. I definitely would go there again. It's good to hear about other places as well. We had a cat emergency earlier this summer and I took our mama cat to the VCA in St. Paul, and they were outargesouly expensive and I ended up getting passed around, so I don't think we got the best care for what we paid. Poor mama...
I need a vet recommendation for the Twin Cities for my cats. I am looking for something affordable and focused on the animal, not profit. Something in St. Paul would be preferred, but I am willing to drive if it's a good vet. TIA!
Quote: Originally Posted by grniys Thanks for sharing! And yes, I have an amazing, supportive doula. Oh that rocks! One of the places I did a lot of research on was http://www.midwferytoday.com
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna I wonder if you actually have oversupply? I would try some feedings where you weigh him before and after and see how much he's getting. Ds is a SUPER fast nurser too- rarely does he nurse longer than 5 min- and has been that way since birth. But since he's 23.5lbs at 7 months, I know he's transferring enough milk What makes me think oversupply is- fast nursing, choking, you're feeling letdowns all the time,...