or Connect

Posts by studentmama

Oh boy, it could be the dairy too. Could you go dairy free for a couple of weeks? This would give you enough time to confirm if it's dairy or not(you should visit the allergies forum, lots of nursing moms there, with a ton of knowledge). Also, babies do become efficient nursers as they get older. Both my guys were very efficient nursers and never nursed more than 5 minutes. Watchng the diapers is the surest way to know if your baby is getting enough.
Do you feel a letdown either way?
Quote: Originally Posted by celticgypsy Thanks for the link. I try to get him to nurse about every 2 hrs during the day. He has really only been having about one good feed in the day. (though he might get a little bit during the other tries). At night he wakes up around 2-3 times to eat, and usually eats well about 2 of those. It doesn't appear like he's breaking the latch, his latch looks good, but then again he's not really sucking...
Here's a couple of great links to help you identify the problem: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...e-nursing.html http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...n-nursing.html How frequently does he nurse/ or get a bottle in a 24 hour period?
Quote: Originally Posted by celticgypsy Oh and another thing...he's been choking alot and it's freaking me out! He'll eat a bit and then choke. I try to burp him until it stops. Sometimes he'll choke when he hasn't even really gotten any milk! It's really scaring me and now that my husband will be gone (he's in the military and going away for school for 4 months) I'll be all alone in a state I just moved to 6 months ago with no family nearby...
Quote: Originally Posted by Juvysen Whoa... never heard of that. Any idea why that might happen? My neither, and when she found out she immediately called me because she knows I like to do things naturally as well. As far as I can remember it inhibits the body from absorbing b vitamins.
I am neither Jewish nor Muslim, but I was raised as a Baha'i and we were raised to believe that there is a succession of prophets for each age, so Muhammed would be the prophet after Jesus. Baha'i's are also a Judeo-Christian religion so, they accept all previous propehts, but also believe the Bab and Baha'u'llah were prophets as well.
Sounds like a bottle preference(which can also cause gas, especially if they drink it fast). You need to find ways to feed him until you can get him at the breast. Some suggestions would be an SNS, Lact-aid, or a soft cup feeder. The issue with bottles is that the milk comes so fast, they prefer that and they can't get it to flow that fast from the breast so they get frustrated. When he does nurse, do you here any clicking sounds? I think a nurse-in would be a...
Quote: Originally Posted by mojobot2000 Next time someone asks me this, I think I'm going to act appalled and say, "I would NEVER drop the baby!!!" Too funny! My babies never dropped so it doesn't always happen.
Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy I can produce all those in real life. I don't do the hammer one though...people don't like that. lol I do talk about hitting my head with a frying pan though. There was a movie with Uma Thurman and she started dating a guy whose mom happened to be her therapist, and everytime the guy imagined his grandma catching him at something, she would hit herself in the head with a frying pan.