or Connect

Posts by studentmama

I had gall bladder attacks after ds2 was born(he's 4yo) and they were bad, incapacitating. But I figured out early on they were totally triggered by certain foods, cheese and dairy being a huge culprit. I kept a food dairy and figured out what were the triggers(dairy, too much meat) and really made sure I get enough veggies and fruits and I haven't had an attack in almost 3 years.
Quote: Originally Posted by wild~blossom Nope, it's Farenheit. We're in northern Minnesota. Not sure if that's a record or not; it's gotta be close!! And I was feeling sorry for myself in TC, stay warm mama, and I'll quit whinning!
Hmmm, I think I would have gone cazy. The internet was my absolute saving grace staying home with my first. We don't have a lot of money and only one vehicle, which is used to get to work, so the internet is my connection to the outside world(outside of work/school/family) and my personal library because I can't return a book on time for anything.
Wow, totally cool! Ds has been talking about it and lo and behold, there is a program at the school near us which starts in a couple of weeks. Thanks for sharing!
Quote: Originally Posted by Otterella "We trusted our instincts and she was born exactly how she needed to be." No defense, no explanation, just the simple truth. If people push for more, just remind them that birth is a private affair. I think when women in our society are exposed for every resident, intern, and nurse in the whole hospital to gawk at, they think that's normal and forget what birth was meant to be. Consider this an opportunity to...
Quote: Originally Posted by tinuviel_k I am using a formula from Biotics called Bio-D-Mulsion. It is very concentrated: 2000 IU per drop, and you put the drops under the tongue. I get it from my HCP, who recommended the dosage I use after I had several blood tests done. I also drink plenty of bone broth and take a Calcium-magnesium supplement (in my morning smoothie) because you need to be careful and take enough calcium with large doses of vitamin...
I know what you are talking about by the mean dentist, I had one of those and it took me years to go back. I have a partial and the biggest thing is it just takes a while to get used to. After a while, it will feel weird without it. They are fragile, but not for eating or anything like that, they just don't hold up well if you drop it on a hard floor(I broke mine once, I was so upset, know I am super careful whenever I take it out of my mouth). I hope your...
Quote: Originally Posted by tinuviel_k I live in the Northwest, and cod liver oil didn't even touch my vitamin D levels. I'm supplementing with 6000+ IU of vitamin D every day, and that is finally raising them up. What are you using? I am actually wondering for my mom, she is having issues with her hip healing and they suspect a vit. d deficency.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna soooo true If we were the model for peace and getting along that some would like, we wouldn't have nearly the problems in the forums as we do. Moderating easy forums is hard, I can't imagine the tremendous task it is to moderate harder forums. I have been online for quite some time visiting various forums and I can tell you, I have yet to come across a forum that didn't have issues with moderating....
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna Yes American women got the vote because American women fought for it, ironically Britian got the vote first IIRC, same with us becoming our own nation, all those were all local changes brought about by people that are a part of those nations creating what they wanted. This is a message board where the overwhelming majority are not residents of the communities living this every day, change must come from within if...