or Connect

Posts by studentmama

Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna oh come on, you know I was referring specifically to this part of your post, that is why I quoted it I know what you were referring to and I disagree that ordinary people have no power, in any situation. Quote: Obviously people talk about all kinds of things that they don't have the power to change, heck News is full of such threads. You are the one that referred to things getting worked out,...
Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy There are a lot of issues with the forum. It is burning out moderators very quickly with the current crisis in Gaza as well as general non-compliance to the UA. The admins are not supposed to be moderating a forum long term and we cannot leave N&CE with only one moderator. When Admins are moderating it delays projects and slows things down. It is becoming increasingly difficult to see a simple workable...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna nothing is going to get worked out on MDC, no one posting here is a leader for either side or has any power whatsoever to change what is happening by their respective leaderships. Hmm, why post about anything then if people have no power?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla But it can be very hard to ignore, especially when we see "our People" being presented in what we see as an unfair light. So we don't want it to stay on MDC unchallenged, out of concern that others on MDC might "learn about these issues" in what we perceive as a warped attitude. This topic is just TOO close to the heart to ignore. It invokes painful history that's been going on for generations, and has affected our own...
I know this is very close to peoples hearts, on both sides, but discussion is the only non-violent way anything with get worked out. By both parties, who both feel they are in the right and being wronged, being able to discuss these things on a board, where others who are unfamiliar with the situation being able to see how this affects people, it would do the world a disservice to shut discussion down, including those at MDC. Part of why I come here is because I know...
Pretty much what Dahlia said. Ds is 4yo and I let him help me a lot, but it really depends on if it's something that can splatter or if I am frying something. Mostly their favorite is helping to bake, and I am the one pulling things in and out and reminding him that the stove and oven are for grown ups.
Quote: Originally Posted by tinuviel_k If I don't have enough chicken bones/parts to fill my BIG stock pot I often run to the butcher to ask if they have chicken or turkey backs and/or beef bones. If not I'll often get a chicken, slice off the breast and thigh meat (freeze for later recipes) and add the carcass to the pot. This last batch I got one extra chicken back and two beef bones to throw into the pot and added a couple gallons of water. I ended...
We drive ds, and I tried, I would have preferred him stay home, but he was set on it and had some project to finish up so we took him anyway. I hope tomorrow is much nicer, this is way too cold for me. : : Stay warm y'all!
: I love goat! We get this rice dish from a somali restaurant and it has goat and it is sooooo good and filling. I cook it in a stew and serve it with injera(and ethipoian flat bread). If you can't find it maybe try looking for a halal market in your area.
Quote: Originally Posted by sedalbj This needs to get to #3 everyone. Please vote (and, depending on your other 10 choices, you may want to consider rescinding them if they are for any of the top 3, depends on your priorities)... It is very close to #3. Apparently you have to vote again if you already voted in the first round? Dunno, I voted after the 1st round was over. Remember, the top 3 not only get presented to Obama, but also get a non-profit...