or Connect

Posts by studentmama

Has anyone seen this show in PBS? We caught an episode last night and it was awesome. The boys were totally glued to the tv. Here's more info: http://www.makezine.tv/
It is looking like it will affect second hand stores. There was an article in the LATimes where Goodwill says they will dump their entire childrens stock to be in compliance. Check out the thread in activism, it's huge, but it has a lot of great information.
I totaly know what you are talking about! Try aiming your nipple at your babes nose and bring your baby towards you, this way you baby has to open her mouth really wide and you will get a good latch.
I totally agree with you Periwinkle. We do need to be looking at what is going on at home. My sister was a Kindergarten teacher and my bros gf is a middle school teacher. Kids move every year, there is no stability, kids come to school hungry, maybe the free lunch is the only meal they will get all day, parents are working more and more and are spending less time with their kids. It almost seems like activities for kids has replaced family time as a substitute. If we do...
Here's Klobuchar's contact info, she is one of the Senators who sponsored the law. Quote: Washington, DC 302 Hart Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510 phone: 202-224-3244 fax: 202-228-2186 Metro Office 1200 Washington Avenue South, Suite 250 Minneapolis, MN 55415 Main Line: 612-727-5220 Main Fax: 612-727-5223 Toll Free: 1-888-224-9043 Southern Office 1134 7th Street NW Rochester, MN 55901 Main Line: 507-288-5321 Fax:...
I had a few more thoughts, if you are a WAHM and even if you are not a meber of your local chamber of commerce, I think this definitely calls for a call to them, at least to give them a heads up, but if you are a member, you can really press the issue because the chamber is there to advocate for you. If you belong to any networking groups that is another avenue to reach out to. What if we started calling thrift store and childrens stores to find out what they are...
9 Votes left http://www.change.org/ideas/view/sav...from_the_cpsia
Quote: Originally Posted by justbishop So in the case that the law isn't changed, all of the CDing WAHMs should just shrug and take it (even if it's just while everyone continues fighting the good fight)? What do you mean by this?
I use a kitchen garbage can and use a wetbag as a liner. I thinkt he pail is 13 gal. I can't remember for the life of me where I got my wetbag, but I think you would need an extra large one. I have use plastic shopping bags or garbage bags in a pinch.
Also, can she attend a LLL before the birth? That would be very helpful too.