or Connect

Posts by lemontree

Thanks lovepickles... I have been feeling this struggle in him, like when he is saying "no talking daddy" and "ONLY MOMMY ONLY DS" He is struggling with the push and pull of being an autonomous being and attached to me.  It's like he is realizing the world is sooo big!   I think you are right about the other peoples feelings bit.   He's really good at understanding feelings, so maybe I should focus on how his actions make people feel.  I may have been shying...
Hm....yes.  I can not use blender, mixer or vacuum when he is around.  But a couple of my friends have the same issues so I thought it might just be a baby-toddler thing? Oy.   His "no talking" stuff is much more intense when he is tired.  Sometimes I walk into loud and overwhelming space and am certain that we will have to leave and he is totally fine.    I will look into the sensory issues some more,  I have been wondering about that for a while-- it seems to...
No one has any insight?  
My son has been an intense and opinionated boy since the moment he splashed out of the birthing pool and into the midwife's hands.    Even as a newborn, his demands were specific.  For example, he would scream whenever he was around my MIL and as a new walker would refuse to go into her house for a long time.  She is the type of very loud babytalk in your face, vigorous bouncing, not able to read his cues when he stopped being into a game etc.  I would hate it too,...
Hi, DS is in love with our new puppy and the feeling is mutual.  The only thing is, when they are together the puppy (11 week old blk lab mix/resuce) gets overstimulated FAST and plays way too rough. We took her to a puppy kindergarten class full of pups her age and the teachers said she tends to be reactive and she keeps playing rough when the other pups have chilled out....Of course I am working on teaching my 26 mth old DS to be gentle, and to freeze and look at the...
I have been thinking about this so much.  DS is 2.  My family is across the country and on a totally different page than me.  No matter what I offer up as gift ideas, my mom sends huge plastic toys that we have no room for, (not to mention that we are concerned about our footprint etc etc) and my sister sends branded clothes that I do not feel comfortable giving to my son and every toy is talking.  In the past it has been easy to donate the unwanted and unused items, as...
Ladies. Thank you.  Time to myself would be an amazing miracle.  Not so easy when DH works such insane hours just so we can (almost) make ends meet right now.  And family is no help too, as they are 3000 miles away (and honestly, even if they were closer - they are rough and judgmental people that I don't want alone with my son!)  But I AM feeling burnt out and need to address that fact.   In many ways it seems like all signs are pointing to a gentle night...
Tired, THANK YOU so much for the support.  I was feeling so alone!   And great suggestions as well, thank you.  I have been trying to "breathe through" the discomfort as much as possible but I have had to end nursing sessions early:(    
DS is 24 mths.    He has nursed on demand his entire life, slept with me every night since he was born and the midwife placed him in my arms, I am a SAHM and he is with me all day every day....He has always been a voracious nurser, especially overnight and I have done everything I can think of to meet his intense need to nurse.   Until recently, like a week or so?   It feels like a switch has been tripped and I don't know what to do.   Lately, usually at...
APToddlerMama, please tell me how you avoid Santa talk?  It's not even Halloween and I have already heard one Mama on the playground mention Santa, "maybe Santa will bring you that tricycle" ....