or Connect

Posts by newlynaturaldad

Hi everyone!! My name is Jose and I am no more than a couple weeks into this forum. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a father of 3 and one on the way. My fiance and I are expecting in August. I have my oldest boy who is 6 my middle girl who is 5 and my youngest 20 months. I have a fiance who I am extremely excited to marry this year.
exactly!!! lol
I love the fact the dsd looks for DADDY every morning when Im off to work... I love when I walk in to mother in laws house wit bio mom dsd still yells daddy first lol I love it when I see the smile and hug and get the kisses from dsd I love it all.. no complaints about being a step parent! She means the world to me! All of my children do... its my family!!!
I just wanted to give you kudos...thats a great story
ok well my definition of a step mother is someone to ASSIST in raising the kids in the right direction.. NOT TO TAKE OVER.. not to get on a high horse and THINK that its her way or no way... A Step-mom is someone to consider the childs feelings on EVERYTHING and work on it with them, whether it be changing there mindset on situations that are not appropriate, but in a calm and patient way... someone who realizes what place they have in the kids life... and a step parent...
I agree with having a positive thread on here about being a step parent.... I have two of my own that are ages 6 and 5 that I have custody of from my previous marriage.. My fiance and I are expecting one in Aug and she has a 20 month old daughter from a prev relationship also. Being her step dad has brought so much joy in my life. Still young enough to run around and have fun and mold into a great young girl, but yet old enough to make the decision on calling me daddy (on...
I am completely new to this site. And I am a DAD!! My son who is 6 was circ because I was uneducated in the topic before. Since I have met my current fiance, her and I have gone over alot of different topics with pregnancy, circ and homebirth. One particular topic that stuck out for me was circ. My son who is 6 again is circ but I am NOT! My fiance gave me all the cons of circ but I was still kind of on edge with my decision to our baby due in AUG! After she had shown me...
My fiance talked to me about circ, as well as showed me video of a baby being circ, I couldnt believe it. My son, from a previous marriage who is 6 now, was circ and all i could do was go and cry and hold him and tell him i was sorry. I was not educated when my ex wife gave birth to him. Thats what the WHOLE issue is. I feel that if this topic was more in the spotlight than I feel like minds would be changed. It changed my mind in an instant. We are expecting in Aug and...
Quote: Originally Posted by joannamf My neighborhood mom friend has three boys I knew her boys were circed (I met them after they were all born) but I've never brought up the subject, until now. I was telling her that we won't be circing if our baby is a son, and while initially she had questions to my correctness in that we are the only country that circs anymore, she then went on to say that she didn't want her sons to have "pigs ina blanket". Now, I...
That is not right in my eyes. I understand where they are coming from with the romantic aspect but wherever my children are not allowed, I am not either.