or Connect

Posts by Dazedstella

Thank you for this post, you are right on many things. I am working on DBT as I recognize that's the best treatment for me. Self-harm was a one-time only situation and disassociation as well as suicidal ideation are prevalent with many disorders. An ex of mine was BPD so I have a pretty good handle on that. 
I wish I could remember what each of you said and respond specifically but if I multi-quoted that much this would be a HUGE post.    I want to reach out and hug all of you. This is the very reason why I love the mothering forums and return whenever I need help. I was so afraid that everyone would think I was horrible for even considering the option that she might be better off without me. In my personal life no one will talk with me about this. Instead you are all so...
Hi. I haven't been on in a long time. I don't even know where to begin, although I can tell you this post is going to be long. I have always suffered from depression and anxiety, and I am gay which I knew but forced down in order to fulfill the role everyone else thought I should. I was super mom.   I was in a psychologically, emotionally and verbally abusive relationship for 5 years (although at this point you could call it 6.5 yrs). About one year in, just as I was...
Our preschool is like this too, and they have been fantastic. I guess I just feel concerned because they seem a little concerned and I have been relying on them for guidance as they all have umpteen years more experience at toddlers than I do, even with years of baby-sitting, especially at toddlers getting used to preschool!   She just has recently been verbally expressing a lot of concern, which makes it kind of hard. For me, it's easier to just push on through when she...
Oh wow, I just had a whole novel of a post about this typed out and it apparently got eaten by the internet.   My dd, 2.5, goes to preschool 3 days a week, 8:30-12:20. The preschool is fantastic, small, loving, kind etc etc. She loved it and went happily from September-December, until she came down with an ear infection while at preschool and spiked a high fever. We got there quickly but I still think it scared her a bit to be without her mama when she really wanted...
I just started (about a month ago) an online Masters of Education program and I have a 2.5 yo, an autistic adult living with us, and a new puppy. The key for me has been to have DD in preschool two mornings a week, from 8:30-12:30, to force myself to do work after bedtime (even though I am SO not a night person, and I am really tired), to ask my DH for lots of help, and I have my parents close by who are willing to take DD a couple mornings a month. Mostly though it is A...
until last week our living room had only a dingy old couch (that had been painted with avocado, colored on with crayon and pen) and two of those pottery barn toddler chairs... we finally bought a very gently used glider rocker last week so we have ONE nice chair to sit in. None of it is in a style or color or type that I would actually CHOOSE if I didn't have said toddler...
Any recommendations on a tear free combination shampoo/conditioner for my 28 mo DD?   Her hair is really long and I don't really want to cut it but it gets super snarly, really hard to brush and has become a real pain for both of us. I only wash it every other day but by day 2 I can't get  the snarls out without using a ton of detangler - which makes it look really greasy and dull all day long- so I often put it up in a bun, but that just increases the number of...
Comtessa- we are much the same over here. Long history of constipation issues since starting solid foods- used to be brutal, has gotten a lot better over time but 28 mo DD gets really stressed about pooping on the potty. She has been successfully potty-trained for a month or a little bit less now without a single accident but pooping worries her still. She does the same thing on-off, I have to poop, I don't have to poop, followed by a sudden panicked- I AM POOPING. At...