or Connect

Posts by slimkins

I've birthed two babies. My first was 8lbs 8 ozs and my second 11 lbs 2ozs. Both vaginally, and my pushing phase was an hour rather than 40 minutes with my bigger baby. And shockingly, for both I was in a semi-reclined position in bed. For my 11 pounder, I labored in every position imaginable, and the only way I could use enough force to get push him was laying back. Guess that's my preference. And I had GD testing for both, and gained 36 lbs with my first and 38 with my...
I know. Just like his bigger brother, they both gained 10 lbs by their 4 month appt. It's just this one started out at 11 lbs. He'll probably end up growing up to be a string bean.  
    This seriously cracks me up. At first, I was reading it as bag of potato chips.   As for percentile, the funny thing is, my son was never even on the charts for weight. At his 4 month appt, he was in the 90% for length (26 inches). But for weight, he came in at 21 lbs 3ozs!! He's had his own line aboe the 95% line since birth. I knew he was just over 20, but didn't think that much. Totally ridiculous. He is no where near rolling over. Not surprising considering how...
  This. I know lots of people on here try to avoid meds, as do I for the most part, but when it comes to major discomfort and pain, I'm all for them.
My son's naps are the typical 45 minutes on his own, or countless hours at the breast or in someone's arms. I just follow cues, but try to never let him exceed two hours. When, where, and how is still a hit or miss. Whatever works at the time. Probably doesn't help that we don't swaddle, use a paci, swing, or any of those things. Occasionally, I will use white noise or put him down on his belly. I hate dealing with naps or lack thereof (same with my older son at that...
She's adorable.
Hah! That is too funny about Sophie and dogs. When we got ours a long time ago, I felt so bad for our dog. Up to that point, she was an only child. A squeaky toy had never entered the house that wasn't hers. It killed her, but she got used to it. And I guess I was completely wrong. After Escher was fussy for no reason this morning, I checked again. Both canines (top & bottom) on the left side are barely poking through the skin. Poor guy, I had only checked to see if his...
AWWW!! A thread of preciousness!!! I love it. And they are all so beautiful. Here is a little tri-fecta of E at 3 months and just under.  
It really is so nice to read updates from all of you ladies. I have been wondering how everyone's babes have been doing. Sorry to hear about the breastfeeding challenges and the car seat screamers. I've been very lucky in those departments. My son is the usual light napper during the day unless he is in my arms or at the breast. I, however, have been blessed by the grace of the universe for having a baby who sleeps pretty great at night. He either wakes up once or...
Poor babies. My son doesn't seem to be showing any signs of teething, but my first son sprouted his first two at 3 1/2 months. I think it is so hard for them at such a young age. Sounds like you got some good advice though, and yes, if they have come through, the worst is over.