or Connect

Posts by Adsullata

thank you some more. Thanks Sapphire for the link- that's a great page and I'm familiar with Dr. Dettwyler's work, but haven't seen that page- I'm bookmarking it. It really helps hearing what the rest of you say to deflect these kinds of remarks. I'm not completely shy, and can be very social, but when it comes to personal surprise attacks I'm still trying to not let it rock my boat. It still seems to throw me for a loop tho, and like I said, it really helps hearing...
Thank you It is hard ignoring her since we see them at least once or twice a month. And thank you for mentioning about me going ahead and nursing her anyway- you know at the time I didn't even think about it. I never feel like it's a choice, if dd needs to nurse, she needs to nurse, period. YKWIM? But it's so nice when someone else points out something positive I did I'm still sorta chewing on it tho, because I know that next time we see them it will be sorta...
Quote: Originally Posted by zoësmom2009 Or you could just give the response a friend of mine gave when her mother confronted her about extended breastfeeding of her ds. "Well mom, I was planning on nursing him right up till he got married, then I'll let his wife take over." Her mom never brought it up again. Sometimes I wish I was that brazen. Hugs to you mama. I know how you feel, except at least my dh is onboard. Although, as pp's have...
This is what my sister-in-law (my husband's brother's wife) said to me a couple days ago when I was dropping off my dd for a visit and dd wanted nummies before I left. (dd is nearly 25 mo) I was really caught off guard by the remark and the tone of her voice sounded almost angry, as if I, or my dd, were doing something wrong. I wish I had remained composed and simply said something like, that's ok this works for us and moved on. But I didn't, I felt flushed and stuttered...
Wow... just..wow. It's frightening what fictitious claims companies can make and not have any accountability for it.
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Sorry to bring it up again, but no one seems to be addressing the fact that the OP's dh encourages more and more unsafe behavior when he has an audience. To me, that means this behavior isn't about their child and what is really safe for her in the dh's best judgment. That is where I am critical of the situation. I'm not critical of the dh's ability to judge his own child's safety, but critical of his apparent...
Quote: Originally Posted by PreggieUBA2C I allow my dc to free-range on a rural wilderness property. I trust their instincts and see how much they learn by exercising their freedom. BUT when daddy is involved, I watch more carefully. He did not develop his instincts as a child and with ADD, tends to not be as aware of how his actions impact others as I am, for instance, so when he plays with our dc, I do have much more to say about it than I ever do when...
Wow, who woulda thought there were so many dangers to our nipples lurking about?? Seriously, I'm highly tempted to post a question asking how many mamas have had a nipple injury occur under unusual circumstances. On the healing side, I really like the olive oil idea (so easy- it's ready to go and I always have it in the house), and chamomile tea makes sense, since it has skin calming properties. I also don't know why I didn't think to try Vitamin E oil, as I use that...
What previous posters said, plus, cold water is best for removing just about any kind of stain. Is it necessary? Depends on your preferences and how well your current wash routine is working for you. If what you're doing works, then why mess with it? For example, if stains bug you but you're able to sun your dipes, then I wouldn't bother with the cold water wash. Or if stains don't bug you, then also don't bother with the cold water. IMO, if you keep it as simple as...
Thanks so much! pbjmama- I tried breastmilk and by today it was already almost healed! I am continually amazed by the powers of breastmilk. Also, like babycakes, it wasn't as bad as it looked. I was kinda freaked out at first cause it looked (and felt) awful, but I don't think the cuts were as deep as I first thought *big sigh of relief* The first 3 times she nursed on that side it did hurt quite a bit (felt like big needles being shoved in there- ouch!), but by the 4...