or Connect

Posts by sigurroster

I have an infant, a 2.5 yr old girl, and an almost 6 yr old boy. We are in Vancouver, always looking to meet people! 
My name is Shannon. I came to a meeting in June with my newborn Theo and you tried to help me wrap him, I only had a beco and a moby and he was too floppy for them at the time. I never did get into wrapping, I just waited til he was old enough for the beco :)    I've spent most of my life in WA too and it is hard to think of giving up that identity and becoming an OR resident. That was part of the reason we chose Vancouver was it was easier not to have to figure out...
Hi Tanja   Are you the leader of the Babywearing group in the Tacoma area? I think I may have met you if so!   We moved to Vancouver in July from Tacoma. We were looking at a lot of the same things that you are curious about, finding eclectic people and commuting to OR (except that our children will attend public school), and didn't have enough time or resources to find the exact "right place" before we moved so we rented knowing that we'd have the option to move...
Dr Batolado at Adventist Health Fisher's Landing clinic has been really nice, and has not given us (or the mom who referred me to him) any grief about delaying and being selective on vaccines. I do not know if their office has a policy about not vaxing at all though. 
Hi ladies   I am most likely taking a job that requires traveling between Anaheim, Santa Ana and Fountain Valley. We are looking for advice on where to live nearby that's relatively safe, where we can afford to rent a bigger space and has good schools. I think the schooling aspect is the most important. My DS is entering kindergarten this fall, and we really want to make the right decision in the right school district and not end up moving in a year or two to get him...
Another vote for Tacoma! I agree with all the places listed for natural foods. There is a Marlenes in Tacoma on 38th by the mall too. I have heard pretty bad things about most comms up north. Federal way has a terrible school district.   There are lots of midwives in Tacoma, why are you going all the way up to Seattle to visit one?
We are looking at switching our insurance for 2012. Right now we have a group health plan that allows us to see a Dr outside the group health network. Our pediatrician is outside the network, and she is amazing. She does not bug us about vaxxing, and is in general very laid back and on par with our beliefs.   The group health plan we are looking at would save us a significant amount of money, but it would require staying in network. We are expecting another baby and...
I'm from the Tri Cities but no longer live there. A friend of mine had a homebirth in Richland, so I know there are midwives there who will do it. The only midwifery clinic I know of there is the one in Pasco that you found, they do deliveries there. I believe there is an LLL group too.   Overall your impression is right. The area is not crunchy, most people will look at you like you are weird for doing a lot of crunchy things. Not that many people breastfeed, no one...
Does it hurt to wear one while sitting down? Is it a PITA to wear one while nursing? It looks like they go quite high! My gut after DS was pretty horrible for a long time, I'd love to have a quicker shrinkage this time around!
Looking for personal experiences and reviews please. My google-fu has not turned up much! You can PM me if your comments would not adhere to the "positive reviews only" public posting rule. Thanks!