or Connect

Posts by mamatwo8

My hubs and I talked about this over our yummy dinner tonight (hot dogs and sauerkraut and mashers) and he thinks that it is crap too but benefit of a doubt , she has been a mw for 40 yrs. and maybe its old hat for her to be so laid back????  I dont understand  however the name thing, but the way Tues appts are, you just walk in... no real setting up of appt. so maybe she wasnt expecting me to show and just plain ... forgot??? as far as due date??? not sure on that...
Yes I know!!!! okay I guess Im not the only person who thinks shes nuts! YES she really did ask me, "what is your name again? Its escaping me." followed shortly by, " ..... and your due?......" YES! Seriously...
Okay ladies, here is my vent for the day, If you read all this and feel the need to comment ( I hope you do:) go ahead....   Today was my "backup midwife" appt. Now we have been on and off about UC for a little while, leaning more towards UC lately. but still wanting a "backup" in case... well all in all I pretty much made up my mind about having a midwife present at this birth... ITS NOT HAPPENING! unless I feel there is a need to call her, or in event of a...
In relation to my earlier post. this friend of mine, is only 38 ish weeks... and I am glad that my feelings arent just my own about being bothered. she isnt a long time friend or anythign just another mama from our homeschool group. we sort of grew close because our pregnancies are so close. anyhow.... I know theres nothing I can do but Gheesh It bothers me to think that someone would put themselves and baby in such pain and  all just to give a gift. I mean maybe there...
I am really upset about a friend of mine inducing her labor tomorrow..... its her fourth baby, first girl and her reason...... she wants to give her husband a girl for his birthday. also tomorrow! WTF! seriously. there is so much I want to say to her but dont want to offend her. I know its not right and a bit selfish IMO. okay a lot selfish. lets push your baby out of your body to "gift" to your hubs... complications?! maybe!!!! I am a hard core natural homebirther and...
  Ahhh HOLY DROPPING BELLY!!!!It seriously is more dramatic in real life... Today at the farmers market I couldnt stop pulling hte bottom of my tank top down... like it wasnt gonna fit or cover any way I tugged or stretched.... Not only that but I got a LOT of funny /odd stares from people as I , the totally hot and sweaty very pregnant lady, pushed the double stroller  with my other two munchkins in it... A lady even commented about "how busy Ill be in the near...
Isnt there a way to make a MDC Due Date Group? maybe it would be more appropriate once everyones babes are here?...  I know the one from DS has one on there...
This is our second HB, with the last HB I cleaned like crazy! ie: vaccuming the walls!!!!! YES you read that right.. I swore there was dirt and dust everywhere, ceiling fans, under the stove, etc... with my first DD ( hossy birth) I didnt do as much cleaning. I totally think its a thing of, I am having my baby here and it needs to be perfect! thought process...   I was also a bit concerned as to what the mw and her assistant would think at the birth if it was dirty....
YAYYYY congrats on a healthy baby, mommy and natural birth!!!! Happy Babymoon!!!
She is precious!!!!! congrats mama