or Connect

Posts by mamatwo8

to you Mama.   I can agree on some levels. After loosing a baby it makes you worry more. For me more so then when I was pregnant with #1 and never experienced the positive pregnancy test to then go thru the bleeding and passing of a baby. I have engrained it in my mind that yes although I am pregnant ( for now) with each pregnancy that Im not out of the woods till the baby is in my arms. I dont make a big deal about it, and try not to get to connected. Even with...
The wee-est one and I outside on a BEAUTIFUL afternoon near the garden... Its such a fall-like day. I love it! about 23 weeks or so.   Here is another ...
I feel as though you dont "need to have" people at all. even if you create a date that you and your hubs or partner celebrate the new life and your body. thats all. We wont be "inviting" anyone , it will be our Daughters, hubby and I. Most people I know dont or wont understand it anyway. So I hear you all there. I came across a book after our first Blessingway . I want to say it was called "mother rising" or something like that. it was about all sorts of blessingway...
I have skimmed the replies, Id have to say Heart and Hands is good, and Emergency childbirth. As far as "what to do" follow your intuition, cords and other stuff like that arent really that big of a "issue" the cord doesnt need to be cut, tied etc at all if you dont choose. As well as anything else , really. Now as far as staling labor, hard labor, dystocia etc the Heart and hands is okay, I also got a hold of some Midwifery Today articles/mags... but to be honest we are...
ehh we got ours from jacquard, If I remember correctly. Some others have found it at craft stores I think .
Im sure what ever way you welcome your little one will be great.   We dont request "stuff" at any of them, we arent "stuff" people... the only things we have asked for guests to bring in the past were a meanigful bead for the Birth Necklace , at the last one we asked guests to bring a symbol for the mother and baby and a candle to light for the Motherhood Circle of lights. We did henna then too for the guests and myself, at this one it was only myself, kids , hubs...
Hahaahha, okay add us too...
Generally my hubs and I plan out Blessingway together. I am excited to hear his plans for this one, in the past we have had everything from MANY people to just my parents and us. My hubs always does my belly henna around this time... what are you ladies planning or hoping for for yours?
This is our umbilical burning box, we originally thought we would be making a placenta bag for a lotus birth, but my husband and I thought that it would be better for our family to burn the cord in a special ceremony the evening of the first day of life earthside. I made this box and painted it representing the 4 seasons as well as various designs with meanings with color. I will be incorporating this in our Blessingway, using it for the cord burning ceremony in the...
Baby #: 4 Baby's sex: wont know will Birth Day Name picked: not tellin' Weight gained so far: none Cravings: nothing crazy enough to think of it as a craving Aversions: ice cream, super sweet things Pregnancy Work-Out Plan: ... umm no, just enjoying carrying life and being a housewife which is enough daily exercise Birth Plan: Unassisted Belly Button: flat ;)