or Connect

Posts by citygirl144

the scan was today and everything looked great. and, to the point of this thread, it's a boy!!!! we had a feeling it was a boy (and so did our mothers) so it wasn't surprising but still....wow. we are both a little bummed that we now have to really confront the circ or no circ issue, but we'll figure that out (if any other jewish folks on MDC have thought about this issue and want to chat, please PM me!). We are not going to tell anyone that we found out, so if you are one...
So, citygirl, what did you decide?? ~ Sarah[/QUOTE] Well, our anatomy scan got moved to this upcoming friday, so we have pushed the decision off another week - and its been great to read all of these helpful responses. I am leaning towards finding out and my DP is leaning towards not. I also talked to a friend and they decided to find out but to tell everyone they didn't, and have loved their decision so far, so that seems like a fun compromise. I am still really...
Thank you all so much for sharing these thoughts and experiences. I really appreciate it. It is good to hear that the surprise on the day of the birth is wonderful; but also that for those who found out ahead of time it helped you to feel close to the baby (something I think about a lot since I am the non gestational parent). the scan is not till friday so we have a few more days to decide!!!
hi all - our level II anatomy scan is this week (DP is at about 21 weeks). We have been very resolute that we aren't finding out the sex, ad didn't peek at the first 18 week anatomy scan, but now we are wavering a bit. Our reasons for not finding out are because the surprise would be fun and because DP herself is somewhere on the genderqueer spectrum, we consider ourselves part of communities where many folks are GC or trans and have fluid notions of gender, and we have...
It sounds like you are being really thoughtful about all of this. In our journey with our known donor, we have also found papa's recommended "and baby makes more" helpful, but the most helpful was really stephanie brill's "essential guide....". the chapter there on known donors was extremely useful and there is a part on using a relative as a known donor. I found her to be pretty cautionary about using someone's brother or other relative (i think she worries about the...
Age: I'm 30, my DP (who is carrying) is 33 and will be 34 at her EDD What TTC strategy did you chose (Traditional,IVI, IUI, IVF, etc.)? At home vaginal inseminations, Fresh sperm with a known donor How many tries (months) before success: We conceived on the first try, to our absolute amazement How did you time your Insem ?: We inseminated 3 evenings in a row on CD 14, 15, 16...we believe she o'd on 16. Our KD's volume was really small by the 2nd and 3rd night and...
These are really interesting comments! When we first starting negotiating with our KD we were very uncomfortable with his parents having any involvement. Our KD is close with them and had to tell them, and they were sad that they wouldn't get to be grandparents. As time has gone by (my DP is now 15 wks preg), and before we started inseminating, we had a change of heart. They live on the other side of the country and don't like to fly, and we were clear with them that they...
Good question! My thoughts have evolved. When I saw it on saturday night I was really unhappy with it. I felt like it exploited every bad lesbian mom stereotype to appeal to mainstream audiences, and i was cringing the entire time to think of my straight family and friends seeing it. I thought a lot of the stuff around the feelings of the kids about having been donor conceived gave dangerous fodder to social conservatives. I hated the racist stuff with the gardener. I...
Hi- good luck on your first insem! My DP got pregnant on our first at-home cycle with a KD, and she doesn't get any EWCM (just wetness around ovulation) so I was very concerned, for no reason as it turned out. She orgasmed before each insemination (actually maybe for the last one she did it after the insem...now i can't remember). we used preseed so maybe that helped with the lack of EWCM situation? we did the insems 3 days before O, 2 days before, and day of (we were...
Hi - we found our donor through word of mouth. first we considered men we already knew, and when that didn't work out (the first guy we asked said no after thinking it through for a long time, the second friend we eventually decided wasn't the right fit because he was a super close friend and was involved in our lives in so many other ways) we ended up with our current donor just by telling everyone we knew we wanted to TTC and did they have anyone they knew who might be...