or Connect

Posts by ginger_rodgers

Brick, you're taking too much responsibility for this. I think it's normal for a lot of us to do that -- after all, we have the love, we have the strength and generosity, why shouldn't we extend it and compensate for others and make the world beautiful? But persisting where you get so little back will bite you in the butt. You'll give, and give, and wear yourself out, and little will come of it. Turn all that love and goodness to your son, your community, your friends,...
(...wanders by whistling interthreadually about dimes in a ditch....)
Wow. I'm surprised by the responses too. I don't trust or like my xh, but he's in my home 6 days a week dropping off dd; he picks her up from daycare and sees her daily for an hour or two, plus one overnight a week. The visitation schedule is what it is because otherwise she'd have longer periods unsupervised with a guy who often had trouble holding himself together for more than a few hours at a shot. So this is the lesser evil. I'd be happy never to see him...
Quote: Originally Posted by robinchap1 p.s. One of my ex's favorite things to say when he is arguing for DS to have more time at his house is that, "if anything ever happens to you, DS will be mine." How lucky then that women live longer than men. What a terribly sad thing to say. I'm sure the mediator caught it.
Ecccchhhh. Wow, this adjunct job is not a good thing. As far as I can make out, this whole "university" exists to rob "students", faculty, and taxpayers. They push the victims into taking out huge student loans for associate's degrees (which mostly don't get finished), pay the faculty nothing, and tiptoe around the suggestion that faculty should keep in mind "do not scare away the ATMs on legs with your fancy 'standards'". I don't see how the students will ever pay...
Robin, I'm so sorry. But understand that this is an old story in academia and everyone who's been here long knows it. Here's what they hear when your ex starts cranking up the Victrola: He left his pregnant wife for his student. Yes, they'll nod and make pitying noises. Know why? They want to hear what else he'll say. Sometimes it's because they want to use him; sometimes it's because they want to knife him; sometimes they just got nothing better to do or don't...
Again, pmama, you have to check and see what PA's laws are for establishing residence. And in any case I wouldn't take off to another state without clearing it on paper with your stbx -- if it looks like you just ran away with the kids, you could wind up in real trouble custodywise down the line.
beebs, the vibe I get says "keep the house". For a few reasons. One, the amount you're likely to make off a fire sale is going to be relatively small, and not worth changing your family's plans for. Two, land around NYC isn't going to drop in value over the long run unless there's a plague and most of the population's wiped out. I'm guessing you could do better if you waited. I would not rely on realtors for financial advice. Three, yes, the realtor's trying to...
pmama, divorce laws in NY and PA are very different, so please study up before you make any decisions and see which state's laws & norms are likely to be more advantageous to you.
God, how aggravating. I'm sorry, Steph. Ten bucks says the horrified look on Chickadee's face (in the park) had to do with Matt screwing up in front of witnesses. I kind of suspect she's in for the long haul and will have to be pried off the SAHM-via-CS-reduction ambition forcibly. The thing about the baby really is worrying, though, and I wonder if you'll have to get a doc involved to explain to her that Owen can hurt her baby.