or Connect

Posts by Barefoot~Baker

Thanks I've printed out the form for energy assistance and found the food pantry. I do have family that I can stay with, although it will be tough, but, at least it's somewhere to go. I mentioned my worries to my pastor and he's looking for people to help me get on my feet as much as possible. Renting is a great idea Thanks so much. I find myself panicking a lot these days
I can't even think straight. My life has been turned upside down now. I've been separated for almost 4 months now, and my at home-business is not making nearly enough money to support myself and the kids. I"m getting no support from X because he has no job. I'm getting food stamps now and applied for public assistance. I have friends who are going to help me with my work-at-home biz, and if it doesn't start growing quickly I will have to get an outside job and put my...
Quote: Originally Posted by zinemama I would be very surprised if those parents don't know exactly what their kids are doing. And I would be very surprised if the result of you talking to them was anything but hearty resentment and ill-feeling. Another vote for letting things be.
I did this for a while about 10 years ago and felt so good. I'm thinking of getting the book again. I'm curious about what any of you might have experienced with it. Is it just the same as any low glycemic diet?
Thanks everyone... I've asked my dd to tell me again today, and spoke to her again about telling the truth and she still insists that it's the truth. When I told my friend about it last night, her initial response was a powerful "NO. NO. NO. I was with him the WHOLE time.". It made me a little suspicious that she didn't even stop to think that maybe he went to the bathroom or something. I asked her if he went to the bathroom and she said no, then thought more,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Barbie64g Did you mean that your NOT comfortable with having him there? Cuz if thats what you meant, and its just a typo, I think thats the right move for now. oops! yeah, that was a typo
I asked her and she said no, that she was awake. She did seem freaked out at one point in the night though, but I think that was after he must have left, maybe she heard the door. She came running into my room and said that she saw a ghost and got into my bed. She never does this. I tucked her back into bed and a few minutes later, she ran back into my room and jumped into my bed. She seemed a little freaked out, so I let her stay. This morning she kept saying...
I'll try to be brief... I have a friend staying with me. Her boyfriend has come over to visit a couple of nights, I've gone to bed while he's still here with my friend, and he leaves without staying over, but has left at around 1 am. Today my 4 yo said that he came in her room and touched her face. I told her calmly to tell me exactly what happened and to tell the truth. She told me what I just said, and at the end said "and I'm telling the truth". She has been...
I haven't been on MDC much lately so I was browsing around and I'm so glad I found this thread. I was actually thinking of posting about my dd... My 4yo dd is soooooooo energetic, she is makes my head spin, and she gets my 6yo riled up too. I like the "stop, listen, obey" suggestion - I need some kind of key word that will grab their attention so that they'll stop. I'm a newly single mom too which adds stress! I used to be able to call for back-up sometimes and I...
I'll try to be brief with the background - husband and I split up about 2 months ago, and I'm in the house with the kids. He went about 5 weeks without seeing them, then last week saw just my older 2, and this time he is out with the older 2 and wants to come and see the baby (8 month old) "briefly" and doesn't even want to come into the house. I have said over and over that if he wanted to visit that he was welcome and I would stay out of his way. The baby is not...