or Connect

Posts by Barefoot~Baker

Great thread - got to sub!
Hi all. I wish I had advice for you all when you need it but I hope you will accept hugs instead Well, I recently went back on meds since I had my baby - on Depakote and zoloft. My racing thoughts have slowed a lot which is a relief. I'm going through a very difficult time which doesn't help things. I am divorcing my verbally/emotionally abusive alcoholic husband. I'm alone with the kids and very stressed, very worried about our future and finances. My faith...
I don't want to rush things. I have to wait anyway until I know that I'm staying in this house permanently, but if I do, I will have 2 extra rooms available (that were once occupied by my stbx). My 2 girls are ages 6 & 4. When they are not at each other's throats, they are the best of friends. They are happy with their room and neither has asked yet for their own. The room is small and it's always been hard to keep it tidy. There's also the issue of them talking...
Have you ever had an angry response from him about it, or have him tell your kids something else to confuse them? If I tell them that he's sick, they might ask him about it. I don't know if he'd deny it or not. I don't want to lose their trust.
I broke up with my alcoholic husband about 8 weeks ago. It's been a month since he's seen the kids and they are heartbroken. He hasn't called in 2 weeks. They're 6 & 4. My heart is breaking for them. What the heck to I say? I don't want to cover for his horrible treatment, but I don't want to see them suffer either
I left my husband about 6 weeks ago, and today is the first day that the kids and I have returned to the house after I was granted temporary occupance. Today has been so emotional. It really dawned on my 6yo dd today that daddy is not going to live with us anymore. She cryed her little heart out while I held her. I've been sobbing all day. Being in this house reminds me of him so much, and of course my mind just keeps reliving the good things. I had been...
Hi everyone, I wanted to let you all know that I left him 3 weeks ago. I'd been going to Al Anon and getting a lot of advice. I have been trying for a long time to put my own misery aside for my kids, but his drinking is so bad, that I know now that I'm not doing my kids any favors by staying. So, things are difficult, but even still, I feel so much better not being around a drunkard all day and now that I'm out of that situation I realize that it would be not be a...
I've been holding on for years with an alcoholic/emotionally abusive husband but it's the end. I've taken the kids to my parents' house and have been back and forth, mainly because of work... We have a business together, and I really need advice on this. I know I need a lawyer but I have almost $0. The corp is filed in my name, but the equipment was purchased by him. It's in our house which is in both our names. I only told him today that I do want a divorce. I...
I need to get as close to doing full time hours at home. I have some, but not much help from dh. PLEASE tell me anything that will help. I've got a dd in kg, one in preshcool, and need to do some of the driving. Thanks!