or Connect

Posts by Barefoot~Baker

Thanks everyone.  Sadly I am doing everything you've all mentioned except for bankruptcy and calling the tax collectors.  So, today I did call them and waiting for calls back.  I haven't paid my credit cards in ages.  Even with all of this - food pantry, etc, things are still terrible.  I have a big house and we do use a lot of electricity.  6 people, 5 bedrooms, tv on a lot, etc.  I am a stickler about keeping lights off and not using it when we don't need to use them -...
Thanks for the reply - this is not just to pay off debt.  Things are BAD.  We are flat broke 3 weeks out of the month and can't afford necessities a lot of the time.  I have to borrow money from my mother, often even to pay bills.  I can't stand it anymore.  I'm trying so hard with 4 kids and do 90% of the work all by myself.  I have to go to my mother for new clothes for my kids.  I haven't bought new clothes for myself in 3 years....uugghh on and on.  I don't want a...
Goodness I'm a nervous wreck even typing this message.  Things are BAD.  My husband is disabled and gets disability but is looking for a job now.  I'm not sure how this will go; he hasn't worked in 10 years and I don't think he will be able to do it :(   I have a part time job in which I make little money. I am looking for more work, hoping to get something at night which is going to be the death of me, but oh well. (I have 4 kids, 2 little ones not in school yet)....
  OMG I could have written this too lol.  I love having all of these kids, they bring me so much joy and I love them so much, celebrate their individuality and marvel at their togetherness.  I just wish I could show it more instead of feeling like a slave.     Things have been a little better the past few days...I managed to catch up on some housework, although it is FAR from tidy at any given moment.   Thanks for posting, both of u, I'm sorry that you are having a tough...
Thanks for the advice, very helpful :) My older two call him by his nickname...they know their bio daddy, that's why, but we've started using "daddy" for my 2yo.  My dh does EVERYTHING for them that a dad should do and he's the only dad that my 2yo really knows.    
This is fine with me - my dh is ds's sf and as far as we are concerned he really is his dad.  My ex hasn't seen ds in 6 months and even before that he did not visit with him for more than 5 minutes at a time from about the age of 6 months.  (ds is 2 years old)   My ex, who moved thousands of miles away from our children without a word or warning, now would like to see the kids on the webcam.  My older children know who he is, but how do I explain this to my 2yo ds in...
Hi, I am new to this group, hope you don't mind me starting a thread, I didn't see a recent one.  I had posted to the last one I could find which was the winter one.   Forgive me for the sour introduction to the thread, I'm losing it a lot these days, this is what I posted in the other thread:     Hi everyone - I've gotten about halfway through reading these posts but I'm running out of time and have to post something....   I'm new to this tribe...just had...
Hi everyone - I've gotten about halfway through reading these posts but I'm running out of time and have to post something....   I'm new to this tribe...just had my 4th babe who is almost 10 weeks old.  I have 2 girls and 2 boys, ages 7,5,2, and 10 weeks.  I have always wanted a large family and I love my kiddies so much, however I am finding myself unable to cope lately with such business.  It's just nonstop from morning till night.  I am just about keeping things...
nak   I've had an exciting year and want to reintroduce myself to MDC!!!   I recently got remarried (yay!) and had my 4th baby.  I've got 2 stepsons who live with their mom.   So glad to be back!!!
Well, we call my 15 month old son "Meatball", and I refer to him as that often on FB. I'm going to put up there "has got another meatball in the sauce". If people don't get it, I'll clear it up for them lol.