or Connect

Posts by Barefoot~Baker

Quote: Originally Posted by Banana731 When you have a kid that age and an infant it's compounded. There is a tendancy to look at your 4 big year old and look at the tiny helpless infant in your lap and think- "this kid is NOT a baby anymore, she shouldn't act like one, she's a kid..." The problem is that while she certainly isn't a baby, she's not a real "kid" either. Preschool age is a struggle,the change-over from toddler to kid is a long process, it...
Quote: Originally Posted by maciascl FREAKING OUT! Dh only gets 2 more unemployment checks (4 weeks worth) for this extension. Congress was supposed to vote on the next extension on the 16th but Republicans are filibustering & they don't seem to want to pass it. If this doesn't pass we will not have anything! I am so on edge waiting for this but it could be a couple weeks away still. We just lost our house & have been in this apartment a month & a 1/2. I...
I'm getting a big problem in my bathroom. I don't know if the fact that there's no window in there has anything to do with it I hate mold
Borax works
I don't know what advice to give really but I couldn't read and not respond... I'm so sorry you're going through this. My 4yo is acting out as well, for different reasons and they sound so similar. I think that your dd is feeling extremely insecure and afraid that she is unloved because of the new baby. Although defiant behavior is unacceptable, I think that she still needs to hear and be shown that she's loved. If she's tired & hungry and you're nursing the baby,...
I'm so glad that I found this thread here! My 6yo dd is crossing over from playdates with me and the other mom present to drop off playdates. So far she's had one, but the first time we all had the playdate together. I don't know what I'll do yet when she's invited somewhere and I don't know the parent well. I suppose I will just have to be up front and tell the parent that I have to spend some time with her/him before the first playdate. I'm always afraid of...
My stbx and I separated 4 months ago and are getting a divorce. Since then, my 4yo daughter has been acting out a lot (of course I expected this) and I don't know quite how to handle it. Mainly it's anger and aggression that I'm dealing with. She's become very whiny and defiant. She's hit me a couple of times and has been scratching her big sister. My heart breaks for her because I know that it's caused by insecurity and pain over the family break-up. I try...
They're 6, 4, and 10 months. I'll get them to make cards as usual
Quote: Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma Oh wow...I had a hard time reading through the long post you just put up. As the former spouse of an abusive alcoholic, let me just say this: You didn't cause it. You can't cure it. You can't control it. Asking him, begging him, expecting him, or threatening him to quit or reduce his drinking for you or anyone else is just plain unrealistic. The booze is all that matters to him. The disease is...