or Connect

Posts by Ex Libris

Quote: Originally Posted by Metasequoia : But that doesn't mean that I'm not tempted every other day! So far I've been trying to beat this anxiety naturally (for 7 years) & now that I know that my adrenal health is really the root of my mental health, I plan on trying to treat them (naturally.) Ikwym though, about curbing the anxiety in hopes of getting out of the fight or flight mode - it's actually something that I've been meaning to ask my ND. I have...
I hope this hasn't been asked yet, but does anyone know if Zoloft helps with AF or if it's just for depression. A doctor told me that I have general anxiety disorder and prescribed Zoloft. I haven't taken it yet b/c I'd like to find a natural remedy. However, I've been under sooo much stress since my son was born (and esp in the last couple of months) b/c he has health issues. I've been in an almost constant state of fight-flight and know that my adrenals are...
Quote: Originally Posted by wendy1221 I've been using it for 4 and haven't noticed anything. I'm not saying that these side effects aren't true, just saying not all kids are adversely affected. I don't really like the idea of feeding my kid polymerized antifreeze, but it's better than the encopresis issues he'd been having for years before he started the Miralax. Yes, that's right. Not all kids are affected. But parents should be aware that...
I thought I should share my story with all of you and tell you about the potential dangers of Miralax (and related laxative meds), especially for gut-damaged kids. Miralax is polyethylene glycol, which is a cousin of ethylene glycol (antifreeze). My son has Sensory Processing Disorder (maybe Aspergers). He had been doing really well for the first time in his life since we had discovered brushing/joint compressions (a SID therapy). Then a few weeks ago he started...
I thought I should share my story with all of you and tell you about the potential dangers of Miralax (and related laxative meds), especially for gut-damaged kids. Miralax is polyethylene glycol, which is a cousin of ethylene glycol (antifreeze). My son has Sensory Processing Disorder (maybe Aspergers). He had been doing really well for the first time in his life since we had discovered brushing/joint compressions (a SID therapy). Then a few weeks ago he started...
Quote: Originally Posted by heatherdeg My son is just like your dc--complete with the sensory issues. HE DOESN'T SLEEP. We recently started giving him a liquid supplement of calcium, magnesium, boron, zinc & vit D and suddenly, he's sleeping. I went back to read the section of the book that I saw this in and it said that the calcium has a calming effect--so it should be given at night. Maybe it could help you? My son is a very different...
subbing
:
Maybe it gets expensive if you buy the ready-made gf stuff. I'm also doing the Feingold diet w/ ds, and I may even try the Failsafe. Also, some have recommended going on a low oxalate diet to detox the Miralax. But I'm worried that there won't be much left that ds will eat. I wish I knew the right thing to do . . .
He's on the Feingold right now, so it's not salicylates. I've recently heard about the Failsafe diet, so I might check into that. I wish I could figure this out--I feel so bad for ds.