or Connect

Posts by Ex Libris

Thanks for the great info! I'll definitely check out the enzymes and the alternative suggestions if ds gets constipated again (I didn't know molasses or slippery elm were laxatives--learn something new everyday on MDC!). JohannasGarden--when you say that not many people on the Miralax group have gotten help from diets, do you mean help with constipation or help with detoxing from Miralax? I actually heard from one mama who said she and her doctor are convinced that...
Hmm, interesting. I've mainly been subbing rice, but I'll think about it more. You may be onto something . . . Thanks!
No, he hasn't had any vaccines, but he did have that awful Miralax stuff. It's in the same family as antifreeze and also related to that stuff in toothpaste from China that's being recalled. That's when the first signs of regression started. I wish I had looked at the label before giving it to him. I just trusted the doc. But there was definitely more of a regression after starting the GF this week, so maybe it's that and not the Miralax. Or yeast die off like...
I'm glad to hear it might be gluten withdrawal. May I ask which enzymes are helping your ds?
My 3 yo son has Sensory Integration Disorder (possibly even Aspergers). He had been doing really well for the first time in his life since we started brushing/joint compressions about a month ago. Then about 2 weeks ago he started complaining of stomach pains and was having constipation. The doc prescribed Miralax. He took it for 5 days before I noticed that he was regressing (all of his autistic behaviors came back). I immediately stopped the Miralax. I've since...
My 3 yo son has Sensory Integration Disorder (possibly even Aspergers). He had been doing really well for the first time in his life since we started brushing/joint compressions about a month ago. Then about 2 weeks ago he started complaining of stomach pains and was having constipation. The doc prescribed Miralax. He took it for 5 days before I noticed that he was regressing (all of his autistic behaviors came back). I immediately stopped the Miralax. I've since...
I strongly suspect ds has gluten allergies or even celiac. I've had him off of gluten for about 4 days, and I think we're seeing some detox going on. Anyway, my dh asked whether we should eliminate dairy at the same time, for this reason--if the gluten can pass thru my breastmilk, wouldn't it make sense that it would pass thru the cow's milk, too (since cows eat wheat)? Thanks! Kelly
I've got Bauman's catalog and they say that they draw from the "leaders in the natural health field," including Weston Price and Sally Fallon, among others. That's encouraging. I think I'm going to enroll in the Nutrition Educator course by distance learning. Maybe we should have a MDC study/support group . . .
:
Quote: Originally Posted by caedmyn You might get more suggestions on actual tests to request on the Allergy board. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to try out a GF diet...you might consider doing the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. Or if you suspect food chemical intolerances, I'd highly recommend the Failsafe diet instead of Feingold--it eliminates more food chemicals and has been shown to be a lot more effective than the Feingold diet for that reason. ...