or Connect

Posts by pomplemoose

I havent posted for a while, and when i did it was usually under the step/blended family forum. DH and I have  grown so much in the past 7 years. we have really solidified ourselves as a family with my 2 step kids. we've come through court cases, major medical procedures, and DH graduated college. I just got back into school and am working towards the dream i left off of becoming a nurse. I know our lives our busy and we have lots on our plates but i am beginning to feel...
just wanted to come back and answer some questions. it was more than a peck on the cheek, it was several lip kisses which doesn't perticularly matter. the notes were very involved with him using inappropriate language such as sexy and hot. recently the boy was caught taking off his clothes at recess and trying to get my dd to ask another girl to strip dance at recess. dd didnt seem to be involved but the principle called and said she was being cooperative. I asked that...
We are planning a weeklong vacation from Oregon's Willamette Valley to Kalispell MT. We are stopping in Athol ID to go to silverwood theme park and and staying a day or so in Farragut St. Park in ID to play outside. the last 3 days will be spent w/ my DH's Mother in Kallispell MT. but we need some stuff to do along the way there and back. Just a quick 1-2hr stop. Mostly looking for stuff along the highways, 84, 395 and 90. Please let me know if there are any good sights...
She just got her toys back in her room after a week of being pretty strictly grounded. She had 2 days of having toys back and 1 day of being able to go outside and play. The condition was that she was not to be watching TV unless explicitly told she could. Today DH, who works late nights and is 2 weeks from his degree, says he woke up at 9 to find her out watching tv with the volume down really low. I work on Saturdays so I wasn't home. This is clearly deception. She...
thank you for your replies. Vocal- you gave me lots to think about. You're right i cant change who she is, i can only make sure that we do the best we can when we can. She is just so unpredictable its hard to figure out what is BEST for he kids at all. She has only had the kids over night for eo Saturday for the past 3 months, at this point she was supposed to get Friday night too. She has not wanted to take that time for the past month. So she has voluntarily given...
So, this is the first year in 5 years that DSC's mother may have them for half the summer. I really have made lots of progress letting go of the anger and sadness over this. She does not have her own place and the kids sleeping arrangements is sketchy to say the least. If the kids are to spend more than on night EOW with her what is expected from her as far as bedroom arrangements, clothing and general upkeep. Are we to send DSC with a weeks worth of clothing? are we to...
yes in fact I just got back from taking her to a track meet. I don't feel like with holding sports is a fair move on my part. It is something she enjoys that we want to encourage and she really came out strong tonight. She is beginning to learn guitar and I want to keep getting her involved with things that will occupy her time and that she excels at. We have such a late last day because of bad winter weather and flooding that closed the school. I want to look into a...
Thanks Linda,   This is really hard. the last day of school isn't until june 20. She is grounded for lying to us and the principle. she is very aware of what will happen if she doesnt listen this time. my DH and i have a meeting with her ped next week and are setting up an appt to talk with a child psychologist. There are some other issues, stemming from the small amount of time she spends with her mom, that we just honestly dont know how to address. I hope that we...
young parent my daughter is 10 not 12. that makes a huge difference in my mind.katlan- I see where you are coming from my daughter has been way into boys since kindergarten. i spoke calmly with her about this when i found the notes 3 weeks ago. I told her that she needs to think about her self respect about what type of person she wants to be. about the consequences of her actions and how this will affect her for the rest of growing up. I was understanding and told her...
Maybe this is harder for me because i am several years younger than DH and this is a time in DSD's life that it gets complicated. I really need some advice on how to open up the communication with DSD. Her mom is not very involved and I feel like I dont know how to get this conversation started. It seems silly but you guys are right I am pushing her away and that would be awful. I do feel like there is an appropriate time to like boys and have crushes and that is 10 yo...