or Connect

Posts by aiyasmama

I'm planning an HBAC for august and I have a lay midwife who is wonderful. I would love to meet or talk with anyone in the area who has had an HBAC or attempted HBAC as I gear up for the birth! I also have backup plan questions. For my first birth, I planned to be in a birth center but transferred in labor to the hospital and had a c-section. I think the likelihood of transferring this time is lower but I am acutely aware now that it could happen! I haven't been able...
Wow, I'm glad to get the feedback about UNC Family Practice! I was considering them for my DD but decided on Carrboro Pediatrics because it's walkable from my house and I felt good about the doctor we met with. (I would be so upset if my kid's doctor was switched up; it is so important to have a doctor you trust and have a relationship with; not to mention if they weren't extremely careful about what they inject into my kid!!!) Our doc is Dr. Behling and she is very...
I'm 13 weeks pregnant with #2 and I'm planning to HBAC. I have a HBMW that I love but I'm concerned because from what I've heard, there are no OBs in town willing to back up a homebirth for VBACers. This makes me really nervous because my first birth was a transfer from a birth center that ended up in c-section! It was really good that I had a relationship with an OB in that situation because I was treated fairly well in the hospital (well, other than being cut open...
It is so SO hard and you are doing an amazing job. When our DD was that young we were dependent on bouncing on the yoga ball while nursing and "sshhh" really loud. Sometimes she would fall asleep bouncing with papa, in which case she wasn't nursing. It could take up to an hour and it was totally exhausting. But I didn't have any other way to help her fall asleep! The big downside was that we eventually had to "wean" her off of the yoga ball! Luckily it didn't take...
Thank you for your responses! I contacted ICAN and haven't heard back, but I did get connected to a couple of HB MWs through the NC Homebirth website. If anyone can PM me with contact info for the midwife in Garner who has VBAC experience I would really appreciate it!
Hi, I'm Kelly and I'm 6 weeks preg with #2. EDD is Aug 22nd!!! My first baby was a c-section so I am working towards a VBAC or HBAC. She is 22 months are we are still nursing like crazy and cosleeping!
I recently moved to Carrboro and I'm about 6 weeks pregnant with #2. I had a horrible experience with my midwife during my daughter's birth almost two years ago. I attempted a birth center birth and ended up with a c-section. I am really anxious to find a supportive care provider this time who will help me VBAC or HBAC. Also, finances are really tight right now and I will probably end up using medicaid so if anyone had a good experience with a provider that accepts...