or Connect

Posts by aiyasmama

This is a pretty fussy age for many babies! I think for my DD the fussiness got more and more intense until 8 weeks and then eased off. Two things that worked for me were taking long walks outside with baby in the wrap/carrier and dancing around to music at home (also while babywearing).
I just posted my affirmations on my wall this week and I'm very excited about them! "I am strong enough to handle this intensity" "___ will have a calm, gentle, and loving birth" "My body knows how to birth this baby" "My body was made to give birth" "___ will see that birth is beautiful and women are strong" (DD1) "My uterus is strong and whole" (cause I'm vbac-ing) "I am the source of these waves" "The waves always come back to shore" and also a song that I...
I don't think I've ever been super comfortable about our decision to have DD (2.5 y/o) at my upcoming HBAC, but we decided on this as the plan and now I'm having more doubts. I'm a little concerned about DD feeling anxious (she is very empathic with me), acting needy or clingy, throwing a temper tantrum, or just generally being distracting while I'm trying to labor. When she's awake the house doesn't tend to be quiet. After talking this over a bunch with DH we decided...
It sounds like we had very similar first birth experiences. I also was in a birth center but after 12 hours stuck at 4cm with a posterior baby we transferred to the hospital, where the pitocin stressed the baby but did nothing to dilate me, and we had a c/s. The entire experience was incredibly traumatic. I am planning to HBAC because I think everything could have turned out very differently if I had been in my home environment with a midwife I trusted. I believe my...
Aargh!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucia's mama Here is my gentle suggestion. If you are drinking caffiene. STOP! OR/ decrease it significantly. I switched from regular coffee to drinking a cup of black tea (less caffiene) with milk and honey. S.ometimes green tea. I found that if I drank to much coffee one day, I would be worrying alot about everything I thought *needed* to be done. Slowing down the nervous system can really help support your emotional...
I think the idea that your DH needs a decent amount of sleep and you do not is ridiculous. And he is not the only one working during the day, the work you do as a mother is important and requires you to be healthy! My DH and I had a lot of conflict the first year I stayed home with our LO and it took lots and lots of talking it out to get through the periods of resentment and confusion over roles and responsibilities...looking back from the other side, it was worth all...
Hey mama, I'm so sorry, that sounds horrible! Early pregnancy is SO hard and this just sounds like way too much for you to take on right now. I don't know why your DH doesn't "get" it because it doesn't take much imagination to understand that this would be overwhelming. I don't have any brilliant suggestions, but perhaps it would make more sense to do without the money for a few months or for your husband to take on the extra work load instead. Or maybe you could...
I think it's not so much the behaviors that are driving me crazy (although it can certainly be aggravating) but my worries that I'm not doing the right thing when DD is upset. I don't know how to validate/listen to her feelings without validating that going off the deep end about little things is a great response...does this make sense? Also, I know she really wants to be "babied" more when she is upset but for some reason I feel uncomfortable with this and I don't know...
I'm planning to use mostly prefolds with my soon-to-be-born and feeling like I have no idea what to do with them. Does anybody have tips, or a link to a website with good directions? Thanks!