or Connect

Posts by Astraia

We don't do Santa. I made it very clear that he's a nice story, a happy idea, but he A. isn't real and B. doesn't make a lot of sense. What about kids who live in areas of the world where they don't do Christmas? Who gets to decide who is naughty or nice, and what constitutes being "nice" anyway? I want her to appreciate, also, that her gifts come from me- I plan and think and buy everything, very carefully- and her grandparents, aunties, etc. I'm getting a LOT of...
I'm here too! Sorta surprised this hasn't gotten a few more replies by now :( Oh well. I guess summer is busy for a lot of people. We've been pretty busy, I guess? We've got our house on the market (REALLY slow market... no good at all). I don't know what we DO, but it feels busy.    I somehow thought last year that a baby in the summer would be AWESOME- spend all day in parks and outside, the older two would run around and have fun, etc. But it was too hot, Everett...
We are dairy intolerant apparently (so sad!), so I've added a lot of full-fat coconut milk (the stuff in the can where the fat solids solidify on the top. I mix the cream up with a bit of honey or powdered sugar and blob it like whipped cream on top of oatmeal, strawberries, apple crisp- wherever I can! I've given some of the less-fatty mixture to Everett mixed with honey and he drinks it with a straw. Smoothies, soups (like, butternut squash and coconut milk, mango...
 Forest, I hope you're feeling improved this week! I feel like burn out moves in circles/cycles, good weeks and bad weeks. I know this, I think, because I have hit burnout as well. I haven't been dealing with this for twelve years (ohmigod, I can't imagine ever doing this again) but I haven't been sleeping. I'm at that point of sleep deprivation where not going to bed starts to feel totally reasonable- I mean, I don't sleep anyway, what does it matter? We are at that...
We have a baby gate too- and not 10 minutes after I posted the above, Everett reached for something while on the stairs and very nearly took a header from the next-to-top step. Luckily, I was sitting right there and caught him. It answered my question at least- he can't do stairs alone until his judgement improves!
I can't tell if I should start let Everett do stairs unassisted or not. Honestly, it gets boring spotting him on the stairs for an hour or more at a time. Seriously- boring. If I try to move him, he freaks out and the tantrum just isn't worth it so I just sit there and sit there. I don't even follow him up and down any more, I sit in the middle in hopes that I'll catch him before he rolls all the way down the stairs. He fell off the next-to-last step 2 days ago and...
Forest- we're all battling spring colds as well. Hopefully you feel better soon! Rozzie- thinking of you, too. So glad you came out okay! Loving the photos- thought maybe I'd add one. It's been AGES since I put anything up (he's also impossible to photograph, since either A. he's a mess B. the background is a mess or C. he's trying to lick the camera. These are both about 2 weeks old.  
  Seriously. The first week-ish without coffee was a general fog of exhaustion, but I'm feeling better. I think I had overloaded my system with coffee to the point that half a cup in the morning was hitting me way, way too hard. I started to get shakey and jittery and clumsy before I'd finished the cup. Bottom tooth cut yesterday- praise the Lord! He slept in 3 hour chunks last night. Still up 5 times, but I actually got some solid sleep (I even had a dream!) for the...
Rozzie, did you quit cold-turkey with your DS1? I know when I weaned the other two it was more gradual so there was more time for my body to slow down production. You often frequently have lopsided production of milk- I know i produce more on my left (probably because whenever I'm not thinking about sides, I automatically put Everett to the left). You could try the cabbage leaves in your bra when you're home, see if it makes a difference? Everett doesn't bite, thank...
So my husband was accepted into Teacher's College- he wants to teach highschool math (why!?! Crazy man! Highschoolers terrify me). While he'll be in school full time, neither of us can work enough to keep our house so we're moving into my Mother In Law's house in September. All 5 of us in 1 bedroom (possible pull out couch in living room), and all our stuff in storage at my husband's Grandmother's house. We want to get our house on the market ASAP- we're not even...