or Connect

Posts by udonandbroth

My kids shared a room for quite a long time, out of necessity. When ds#1 turned 13 we moved into a bigger space and now all three have their own rooms (dd, 11, ds#2, 9) People seem to get their undies in a bundle about brothers and sisters sharing a room, and it's nice if you can give them the space, but if you don't have the space, you don't have it. It's only a big deal if you make it a big deal. They still sometimes "camp out" together in the basement, again, not a...
About $900 a month for a family of five. We eat organic, vegan/macro, I cook a ton but we still spend a lot. In the winter we try harder, keep it down to about $800/mo. bc we have less money to spend but that is what it usually ends up to be. We're in SE Pennsylvania.
I am really sorry about your dad's passing.  My dad died last June of a heart attack, very suddenly.  You need to make sure that you have people around you to support you- child care, cooking, etc. for at least a few days, if you can...  For me, I was in shock for a good 4-5  months.  By November a deep depression set in and I'm still there.  I started therapy and it is very helpful.  I also realized that I was drinking to cover up my sadness so I stopped that.  Now the...
your crafts are just great (looked through some of your photos).  I love the felted doll holding a baby.
I have noticed that sometimes I am really into girls then other times I'm boy crazy. Then other times I just don't think about either. It's funny how sexuality can be so fluid, esp. for women. One thing I have also noticed is that as I get older my own needs and desires become more clear. I love getting older.. know thyself and all. We haven't had menage a trios but we're both interested in the idea (also interested in a friend but I'm pretty sure she doesn't bend...
I haven't read all of the replies but just wanted to say that I am in a similar situation as Mama Pajama except I have done a lot of exploring with both genders and it's conflicting. We're hanging out in the straight world and everyone assumes we're straight and for me, at least, it's weird because that's not how I Identify myself but at the same time it's so easy to not come out (esp. to school playground moms and neighbors and stuff, like they really don't need to know...
I had about one beer or one glass of wine a day while I was pregnant with all three of my kids. My oldest son is now in 2nd grade and his teacher sends home math enrichment books and he gets all 100%s on his spelling tests. My kindergarten age daughter is doing just fine and all three are between the 75th and 60th percentiles for height and weight. Number three is smart as a whip, too. That said, each person has different needs. For me and my kids, having one drink a...
thanks for the ideas. I want to get the baby a sweet little blue sleeper from Hanna Andersson and now I will. Thanks for the weather help. Elizabeth
Hi, A close friend just had a baby on Saturday. I need some clothing advice since I live in Pennsylvania and they live in Austin. I have no idea what the weather is like or what would be a good gift (I don't think they do either since this is their first child and they just moved there, too) Any advice would be much appreciated! (It's a boy, by the way) Elizabeth
Privet, everyone. I am still, rather slowly, trying to learn Russian, bit by bit. I am married to an Russian expat and we have three kids (who don't speak any Russian!) but they love Cheborashka and Genna and the other little cartoons that we pick up in NE Philly (where all the Russians are)- Three From the Sour Cream Village, Wolf and Rabbit, etc. I forgot about Sesame Street- have to pick that one up. I have kind of pretty much given up, though, the idea of...