or Connect

Posts by ScooterMama1

When my twins came home my 2.5 year old still slept in our bed. I was so worried about it, but I knew that my toddler still needed cuddle time at night. I borrowed a co-sleeper and attached it to the bed. I thought that my twins would sleep in it. It ended up that my toddler slept there. He likes to cuddle right up to me, but since the co- sleeper was a little lower than our bed, he cuddled right up to the edge of the queen. He could put his hand up over the edge to...
Update: The twins have been sleeping with DH for a month or so and the night time nursing has slowed way down. It is quite cute that they travel in the middle of the night from the bed that he is in to the bed I am sleeping in. I am only nursing 1-2x per night now, and am staring to feel like a human being again! I wonder when they will actually wean though. They both still love nursing... Thanks for the responses. Pamela
Thanks so much for your reply Karen! I am trying to get dh's help on this... but he is the light sleeper in the family. I wake up at every little noise, but can go back to sleep fairly quickly. Tonight we discussed seperating the twins and night weaning them seperately. dh would get one and I would get the other. He thinks that it will be easier to comfort them if they aren't reacting to each other during the night. I am not convinced yet.
We slept quite well with our singleton babies in our queen. It was a lot harder when our twins came along! It took us a bit of getting used to the new sleeping arrangements, but worked out well in the end. Good luck!
My twins are 2.5 years old and are breastfeeding 2-5 times per day and 4-8 times per night. I would like to have them continue nursing until they are ready to self wean, but I just need a break. I feel like I haven't had more than 3 hours of sleep in a row for months and months. My husband and I are trying to figure out how to night wean them. I would like to just have them slow down their nursing at night and my dh thinks that we will need to fully wean them to...
My twins are almost 2 years old and I say AP'ing twins is definitely do-able! It was much more straight forward with my two older singletons, but I breastfeed on demand, co-sleep, still pack them around (when I can), cloth diapered them (for the first year...), etc. I kept them on similar schedules by suggesting to one what the other was doing... when one would nurse I would offer it to the other. When one would get tired, I would cuddle the other to sleep and when...
get a pedicure. If I could travel anywhere, I would go to...
When my twins were newborns I put them both in a Moby or a Kangaroo Pouch. They were pretty little, so they fit together for quite a while. Now I put one on my back in an Ergo and one on the front in a Mai Tai. I bet that two Mai Tai's would work well too.
I finally assigned each of my twins (both boys) a breast when I realized that they were such different nursers. One likes to drain me quickly and one likes to linger and take his time. It took my breasts a few days to completely regulate out and now it works wonderfully. I can even tell who needs to nurse when I feel a bit full on one side. The other thing that I wanted to comment on was the spitting-up/vomiting. All four of my boys had some minor food...
I am getting ready to go back to work in September and my 1 year old twins will need care. Originally I planned to have them go to daycare, but I realized that a nanny would be a bit less expensive and so much more convienient. How did you find a nanny? I am most concerned with finding a loving, safe person that I can trust. I am going between an agency and trying to hire on my own. Any suggestions or opinions? I would like someone to help a bit with neatening the...