or Connect

Posts by AuroraMT

Hey there, So my little guy is 29 months and still nursing about 10-15 times a day and anywhere from 2-12 times at night. He has a really small appetite and will often skip multiple meals a day and nurse instead. His nursing frequency seemed to be on the decline around 18 months. He nursed about 6 times per day and once or twice at night and that worked just fine for us. Then, around this time last year, he started to nurse far more frequently at night (sometimes all...
Oh, I remembered another great, local resource. It's a natural parenting group called Mama Says - you can connect to them through Yahoo or maybe just try Googling Mama Says Central Vermont. Every time I've gone to this group with a question or concern I've gotten rapid and great responses. That is a good place to ask about the milk.    And Tree of Life Medicine shares a practice space (or at least they did until recently) with a wonderfully reputed home birth...
Hmmm....I'll have to think about the milk. There is a place in Hinesburg, but that will be a drive and another place in the NEK, also a drive.    Try Tree of Life Medicine. Dr. Archdeacon was there (at least up until 2 years ago when we left the area) and a new doctor had just joined, Maybe Dr. Anderson?    They are both great (we only met the new doctor once) and very open to delayed or no vax.    I don't know about homeschooling groups my oldest is only...
Hey Mamas,    My partner and I may be faced with having to find childcare for our 4 and 2 year old boys soon. This is breaking my heart and freaking me out...but financially we're just not making it in our current arrangement.    So, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any INCREDIBLE child care providers in the area? I will most likely be working in Burlington, so travel in that direction may make sense, too. We are play based, free range, whole foods eating,...
PS - every child with a penis I know in Vermont is intact. I know that's not very statistical but that's my experience. My two sons included. 
No, it hasn't deceived you. I've lived all over the state, with the exception of the southern part of the state, it's about as crunchy as it gets. :) I think you're probably not seeing so much because it's not as organized (especially on the internet), like some others said. There are pockets of conservative ideas but even in those areas there's usually a nice crunchy scene and most conservative people just want to hunt and live off the land types. That might be were...
Thanks so much for all of that info! Franklin is definitely going on our "To Explore Further" list. It's such a relief to hear that we may not have to compromise so much and even get the additional benefit of being close to a major city (and my family). Thank you!
Thank you so much for the info about Franklin! We actually drove through the other day and have really been wondering about it. We were impressed by the UU church site (even though we're not UU . We liked the initial look of the area. It seemed walkable and like there were things to do. My partner is in digital media design, so obviously Boston is a point of interest. Franklin seems close enough. Something to really consider and think about. I also thought that such close...
Thanks KTProvi. I do know Amy and have her contact info. I've spoken with her just a bit about the school. I should speak with her more. I think Barrington looks cute. It's not as self contained as Bristol but it's pretty similar looking by RI standards. We're also going to look into Franklin, MA. Living in trendy VT towns, certainly got me used to the snooty type! I think we can deal...but who knows till we try it? Thanks for all your suggestions!
Thank you all for taking the time to respond.    KTProvi - I think I know your friend. :)  Do you know up to what age she is planning to accommodate at West Side Montessori?   I guess I just have sticker shock at the costs of the Waldorf and Montessori schools here. They aren't much better in VT but they are a little bit more reasonable. We have two kids (and plan for one more in a few years) so we're talking $24K maybe $36K per year for the three of them....