or Connect

Posts by AuroraMT

Hi everyone, My partner and I have to fast approaching decisions to make. We left the Bristol, VT area almost two years ago for personal and practical reasons. Our plan was to return before our eldest, now 3.5, began school. However, as life happens, we're growing more and more embedded in RI. So, I feel this crossroads is approaching where we must choose to head back to VT and settle our family down. Here's our dilemma: Our family is in RI but many close friends are in...
I'm interested in the same information, Katherine. Hope we get some answers. I can tell you we've been looking in Honolulu in the Kaimuki and Diamond Head areas (the area of Waikiki closer to Diamond Head). There are homes with yards here and Kapio'lani park is a huge beautiful green space...which I believe is home to the biggest farmers market on the island. It's also relatively close to a Whole Foods for other food needs. I was meandering through the area yesterday and...
Dr. Morton did my c-section after I transported from home at 10cm dilated. I'm about to go and meet with Heidi now - considering her as my PCP, but I did like Dr. Morton a lot and would consider him if he were a general practitioner, too. I had a VBAC in VT at a training hospital, read with very little support, but it all turned out okay. I thought the male doctors would bug me out but some of the females were far worse. I agree that a doula would have made a huge...
Hi everyone,    I've been searching through old posts for hours but can't seem to find the answer to my question.    I'm looking for a general practitioner for myself in RI. One that is holistic in approach and also provides well woman care. I'd also love it if they delivered babies! Am I asking too much?!   I had a very traumatic homebirth/transport/emergency c-section/NICU stay due to infection/extensive blood loss, etc 2.5 years ago and as part of my self...
Is Mary accepting new patients into her family care business? If so can you share how we might contact her and perhaps a list of her services? I'm searching for a well woman/holistic practitioner...any other suggestions are great, too.
There is a natural parents play group. You can search them on Meetup.com. There is also an AP group but I'm not sure how to connect with them. I'd be interested in meeting up at the museum, too. Please keep me in the loop! 
We are foreigners (from England and my father from Africa) so I think that has a lot to do with our early potty training. My eldest brother was considered really late and he was totally out of diapers by 24 months. My other brother was out of them by 10 months and me by 11. I was totally into that same plan for my son but it didn't happen. At the end we decided to just relax about it and let him lead the way. He was totally diaper free and (so far) accident free for the...
When our first child was born we were so overwhelmed by all the trash that was generated from all the gifts he was given. We decided to save it all for some TBD purpose. We finally decided to make our own paper out of all the tags, boxes, wrapping, etc.  We started making the paper in November and turned it into photo albums for adults, journals for older kids and a storybook (which we also wrote and illustrated) for the younger kids. The only thing we purchased was...
I was going to ask the same question. I'm not in the exact same position...my family and I are moving back to RI. Last time we were here we went to see Dr. John McGonigle - he's on Gano Street in Providence. Really open to all alternatives. He has a homeopathic background and he's an MD. I love him and will happily go back but I was going to see if there was anyone new out there. I'd love to take my little ones to an ND here as we did in Vermont. Anyone know any ND's...
  Some friends of mine are taking their newborn to see Dr. Gaidys in Berlin. I believe he is associated with Gifford. They aren't so sure about his approach to vaccinations and his support of alternative schedules or skipping vaccinations all together. The baby's two month appointment is approaching and they don't want to get caught off guard. Does anyone have any experience with him? They really like him so far. What are you thoughts, opinions,...