or Connect

Posts by AuroraMT

I wouldn't mind using it for a back up. I transported with my first after he developed an infection at home.  (After 20 plus hours of ruptured membranes and at 10cm dilated...it was a really rare series of events, not trying to alarm you. Mostly my midwife made a bunch of bad decisions, including many internal exams starting two hours after my water was broken to induce. Home birth is totally safe and very, very possible. I just got a bit unlucky!) But I think it's...
* EDD: March 21 * Name: Maria * Age: 29 * Location: Vermont * How long it took to you to get your BFP: Whoops! I'm pregnant! * What number child is this for you: #2 * Family: My beloved, Travis, our son Ezaias (3/12/09) and a few fuzzy friends.  * Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): He has a penis. * Birth Plans/Preferences: VBAC at a local birthing center. My last baby crowned at home before we were rushed to the hospital due to a strep B infection. I was asleep...
I'm in Plainfield. Just outside of Montpelier. I've pretty much lived all over the state, with the exception of Granville, of course!
It's Hebrew, from the Old Testament. There are some Hawaiian variations of it that we liked, too. My partner's parents live in Hawaii and they LOVE all things Hawaii. So we thought they might like it for that reason. Thanks for the input! Last time I had a dream that just repeated the name over and over! If it were Only that simple this time! I didn't know how lucky I was!!
We're really struggling this time around, too. EDD is March 21 and we haven't even picked up a book or searched for a name in months. I think we've settled on one but we question it a lot. The plan is just to see his face and see if it's a fit. I'm worried it won't be a fit and then we'll be struggling last minute and he'll be nameless for months - like I was! The name we have is quite special to me. My Dad just passed away in November and one night I just asked him...
I still think it'll be worth it. I see people posting on there from a ways away but it is postly center in central VT. I think you'll find a natural movement. It might take a bit more time. Not to mention it'll give you a heads up for day trip worthy events. Hardwick and Craftsbury have good scenes if you dig a little. Also Johnson and Lamoille county can be cool. They are pretty northern. Good luck!
Thanks for all the info! I think we're leaning more and more strongly towards moving down there. It'll be sad to leave VT but I think RI will just work better with life right now. If either of you are moving to central Vermont look up Mamasays on yahoo groups. It's a great source of info for natural parenting as well as items for trade/borrow/sale, play groups, local events, debates and all sorts.
Hi all,    I'm just about 30 weeks pregnant and really reconsidering my decision to go with Central Vermont hospital.    I'm hoping for a natural birth, no interventions, no drugs, calm and wonderful etc. My last birth was a home birth but due to early complications with this pregnancy home is not really an option this time around. I was initially really happy with my experience at CVMC. I had to have surgery during my 8th week and felt they handled it...
Thanks for the info everyone! I'm familiar with Bellani, it is a great place and I spent most of my teens hanging out on the East Side! My son's birth was planned at home but I transported. I'm wondering who is currently attending home births in the area? I'm aware that Michelle Palmer is in New Zealand for some time.    I'd love more info about the AP group and the Co-op.    What about good organic food supplies outside of farmer's markets and Whole Foods. I'm...
Hi there,    We're considering a move from Vermont to RI with our two year old son and soon to be newborn. I'm wondering how "natural" and "alternative" Mama's and Papa's feel about RI. Is there access to supportive communities, parent groups, etc. What about schools and pre-schools? Homeschooling groups, etc. Are there Dad's groups that would support my baby wearing partner? If anyone out there could let us know what their day to day looks like that would be great....