or Connect

Posts by AuroraMT

Hi all, I know there is already a lot of talk about peds in RI and I'm sorry to create yet another thread about it but I haven't found many answers about John McGonigle. I have called his office twice now and run into trouble. The first time they told me he was leaving the practice in June. My midwife then looked into it and found out that he (he said so himself) is not leaving. So I just called back to set up an interview and they said they don't do interviews,...
I heard lots of horror stories like that, too, about HB in RI. The second I talked to Michelle she just went, "No, no, no. All you need to do is meet with me." She is quite busy though so I'd call her asap. I was 28 weeks when I first visited with her. I'd just moved from Vermont where HB is much more common and direct entry midwives are everywhere. But my experience in RI is turning out to be far more lovely and easy then it was in Vermont where I felt like I was...
Hi! My mother is white and my father is black. My brother is green eyed and dark haired with lighter skin. I have very dark hair, eyes and darker skin...but people always say how much my brother and I look a like despite our differences in colour. My partner is African American, Native American and German. He is lighter skinned that I am but has black features. His brother looks just like him only with darker skin and features that are perhaps a bit more white!...
I'm a child of a biracial couple, as is my partner. I was born and brought up in the UK, my father is from Africa. My partner is African American and Euro American. While I don't think you have too much to be concerned about I tend to disagree with others that no one will notice, say anything, etc. It all depends on how sensitive you are to it, I suppose, and judging by your concern I'm guessing you'll be a bit more aware of it. My partner and I look a lot alike so...
I used to know a little boy called Lane who is probably a teenager by now. He was very kind and calm. I like it and say spell it anyway you like. Giving a child a name outside of those that everyone knows (such as Charles or Katherine) is going to result in questions and comments. It's just the way people are. My name is Maria, for example, which is among the most popular names in the world but I still find myself explaining to people that I'm not Mary or Marie even though...
Hello all, I'm looking for a good pediatrician in RI who is open to home birth, alternative treatments and vaccination schedules. I've received lots of recommendations for Dr. Mcgonigle but when I called his office they said he'll be leaving in June and then he's gone. Does anyone have word that he will actually be staying in RI and opening a private practice? Any other good Dr., DO, ND, etc. recommendations would be great also!