or Connect

Posts by mainemommy1

What is your 7 (or 6 or 8) year old boy getting for Christmas this year?? Time for me to get started on the holidays!
Looking for board game suggestions for 7.5year old child-good family games to play with Mom and Dad. Any suggestions? We have Qwirkle, Checkers, Jenga, Blokus, Labryinth and could use new ideas for Christmas!
my 6.5 year old has had 2 DtAp vaccines as an infant and nothing else. My child is in public school. Pertusis has been confirmed in another school in our district. My child developed speech issues, digestive issue and food allergies after the first 2 shots so we stopped all vaccines. However, since pertusis is in our town, is it worth getting another dose? Is it too late as I believe we need 2 more doses for protection and my child is approaching age 7 (the Dtap is only...
My kiddo doesn't really have any major wishes for Christmas which is great but I'm feeling rather stuck. We are not really a Toys r Us type family- Any great suggestions? He's over legos and playmobile. more into rockets, robots, space, board games and he loves dogs. What are you giving your 6.5 year old??
We love Qwirkle, Jenga, Uno, Monopoly Jr and Blink.   I NEED some ideas for other games for Christmas presents for my 6.5year old. -something the adults like too since I have an only child and I'm the one usually playing the game:)   THANKS!
The kindergarten children sit for 30min for their lunch and then can go outside but they have to be sitting in the lunch room for 30min.....wearing their jackets for recess. The children who buy lunch at school typically have less time to eat than the 30min because they are waiting in line for part of the 30min time. There are 2 adults for approx 60children and these 2 adults monitor the lunch room-helping open things etc. The kids must raise their hands to go throw away...
Thank you J Piper! I really appreciate your insight and your experiences. I was an elementary teacher prior to having my son so it's a big adjustment to be on the parent side of things as well! The school does something similar to what you are describing with the guidance counselor and like you said, it rotates and is not viewed upon as weird or different at all but rather a special treat. I just think with more volunteers and parents, the school could reach more...
Thank you JPiper.  I like this idea. I am going to suggest it and volunteer my time to do this once per week. Hopefully I can get some other volunteers too. My child really needs to recharge and not be in the crazy cafeteria=it's hard to make new friends also when you can't even hear each other! Something NEEDS to be done though!  
I have joined my child a few times this fall for lunch in the cafeteria. I have an introvert:very quiet and clearly very drained from all the commotion and noise of the cafeteria. Curious to know if other schools have alternatives to eating in the big, loud, busy and squish all the kids in like sardines at the table cafeteria? Introverts need to recharge in quiet away from large groups and the school lunch room is just too much. IDEAS??? I want to have all my ducks in a...
I could have written your post! I am in the same situation. I have spent many nights after I tuck my little guy in, crying myself to sleep over the whole Kindergarten thing. Part of me wishes we lived in a town with 1/2day Kindergarten. It upsets me that he will be out of my care for 6hours EVERY day. I will tell you what helped me tremendously: I e-mailed his teacher a long e-mail about my questions, concerns, little things about my son that I felt she should know. I...