or Connect

Posts by Brownie~

I try to rotate the works/toys so that they retain interest. This morning I was ready to swap out the jug and clothespins, the shape sorter, and one of her stackers. However, she sat and did each with me today, so maybe I will leave them a little longer. I had the scarf box put away and tried to interest her in it this morning, but she refused. So that one will stay out of rotation a bit longer. I introduced a new stacker and some new books, so i try to keep things fresh...
We were in the same position as you. DH went to the director and explained that we loved the school and wanted to send our kids, thought we could, but in the end, we'd also not be saving for college, retirement, no vacations, etc etc. The director told us not to worry about it and basically assured that we'd have the tuition lowered until I go back to work. So ask the school--it can't hurt! Good luck!  
Montessori things I have put together for DD: marbles move to icecube tray (pincher grip) put clothes pins in jug pull out scarves in kleenex box sensory bottles bean bin and scoops shakers with plastic easter eggs filled with different things treasure basket with shell, painted stone, little tin car, acorn guy, wool baby etc (these are trinkets I got from a Waldorf craft fair)     She is really into the dowel and putting rings or wood beads on them. Like...
i just wrote a long message with everything we've been up to lately, and baby just erased it. gah! will try to type it back out soon.
Can you explain the baskets and bottles? Did you make them yourselves? I am trying to do some Montessori with my 12 month old. She has the following:   object permanence box with tray and ball (she is bored of this, though--she could do it at 9 months) egg and cup peg and container to put peg in box with a door and a square to put in it (imbucare box?) stacking/nesting boxes   I was thinking of trying to find some simple puzzles and the dowel with large...
I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. I am going through the same thing. I am on Zoloft and I just started taking 100 mgs. I am seeing some improvement, but I am not there yet. It's been about a month since I began meds. Things will get better, even if it doesn't seem that way right now.
We're in the same boat. DS and I have been battling a stomach bug (vomiting and diarreha) since New Year's Eve. We finally seemed to be better this past weekend and last night he had a fever and coughing and puking all over again. I hope I don't catch it back from him again. I am also afraid of going into labor and not being 100%. We are also planning a homebirth, last time I had a hospital Xfer, so I really want to be able to give it my all this time around and make the...
I have struggled with insomnia this whole pregnancy. I would say try a calcium magnesium supplement at night. I have also used Calms Forte (homeopathic). You can take a Benadryl, too, but I feel like they don't work very consistently for me, so I don't use them. It's so individual. I also use a fan for white noise and wear an eye mask. I put lavender oil drops on it before I go to bed. I'm sorry--it sucks.
The way the email we received was worded we were told that the last two years each teacher received roughly $400 (implying that they wanted to collect the same amt this year). This is my son's first year in school, but I find this a little crazy. My son doesn't even like his teachers that much (we are considering switching schools entirely next year) and like I said, he only goes 2 days a week. We can afford to do it, I guess, but I guess my thought is, do I want to...
My son attends preschool 2 days a week, and our room mother asked for $25 per teacher, so total $50, for xmas gifts for them, which I think is a little high. I am not in NE, but rather large city in Midwest.