or Connect

Posts by ILoveSweetpea

UPDATE!  :)   This thread is a blast from the past!  I logged on to my account here at Mothering to post another question elsewhere on the board and was looking at my old posts.  I will admit that I cringed when I read the post subject line - haha!   Anyway, I thought it might be of interest to those that read this thread originally to hear an update.   My daughter just turned three last month.  She has continued on the projection, intellectually, as predicted. ...
Hi, everyone - It's been a really long time since I've posted here, but I always come and reading the mothering boards when I am looking for tips and advice.  This time, I'm looking for something so personal that I thought I'd better start a thread about it.   I'm struggling to hear God and understand His will for us as a family.  First, I will disclose that I am a Christ-follower but I very much welcome and appreciate opinions from mamas of all faiths.  I have...
ok.... So we have been temping and avoiding fertile times and using condoms in non fertile times. I had a big screwup this cycle. We had sex on cd 8, which is well before my typical o day of cd14. In 2 years of charting, I have only once ovulated before cd14 and that was on cd13. We decided to try a sponge, which seemed great at first... It felt nice to not use a condom! But when I went to take it out, it had flipped on it's side. I had trouble retrieving it. I...
Thank you both so much for sharing your experiences with your own children.  It's so helpful to hear these stories to have a better context.   I've really been doing a lot of reading and researching.  I have started reading the book recommended above - 5 Levels of Gifted.  Whoa - that has been a real eye opener.  I was really shocked (terrified?) to see how much DD is similar (and even exceeds in some areas - like counting and reading) many of the "level 5" gifted...
Score!  I followed the link for Hoagies gifted and found a psychologist specializing in gifted assessment and counseling that is just 20 minutes away from us!  What great luck!    Thank you so much.  I plan to send her an e-mail tonight to see if I can get in to see her. (Not to assess the kids, but more to offer me some advice!)   Thank you again for that link!
Thank you for all your responses!  I ordered the books suggested above and I'm looking forward to reading them.  Thank you also for sharing some about where your own kids were "at" at this age.   My husband and I were discussing what we would be willing to do if the local schools couldn't meet the educational needs of our kids.  We love our home and wouldn't mind growing old together here, but we would be willing to move if it was in the best interest of the kids. We...
I feel like I'm in a bit of a shock.  I really thought a lot of people here would say "oh, that's totally normal"  or "my bright kid was doing that same at that age" or ... I don't know what.  Maybe I had/have a little bit of denial going on.   I have to be totally honest that my stomach is in knots right now.  I guess the doctor should have been a wake-up call, but for some reason hearing you all affirm DD is extremely unusual feels even more real.   Other than...
OK, a little context:  I have a 3 year old son that is pretty bright.  He learned to read at age two (we read to him a lot, and he pieced things together quite readily himself and starting picking up new books and reading them to us by the time he was 2 1/2).  He's good with math - basic math problems.  Above average art, music, and creative skills etc.  He's big on making up his own jokes now.  Some are funny, most are only funny if you are three.  ;) The doctor has...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bokonon I'm concerned that your doc sent you home with 20 minutes of that kind of heartrate, with all of the complications you've had, and as far along as you are. What is the plan for now, and why wasn't an ultrasound done ASAP? What you are experiencing is not normal, and I'm very concerned that your care providers are waiting until something goes horribly wrong to take action. This is my concern too. I'm not...
I am tempted to make an excuse to go get checked again tomorrow (er... today... it's 2:00 am! LOL!) She's passed kick counts, but I woke up here at 2:00 am with a sharp sharp pain on my lower left side down low. It's probably just round ligament pain, but since I woke up, I went to the bathroom and it seemed like I may have been leaking fluid. My underwear was wet - and I wear Poise pads due to urine leaks in late pregnancy. It didn't smell like pee, it didn't...