or Connect

Posts by Amandala

Hi there everyone.  I just have a small question, I hope this is an okay place to put it.   I just got approved for SNAP and Medicaid here in New Jersey. First time applying for any type of public assistance in my life and it's been, well, boatloads of fun.  Applied in October and apparently was approved October 13th, but just got my Medicaid cards in the mail after the new year, and still have received nothing in the mail about the SNAP.  I thought oh, maybe it just...
Hey, thanks!  I will!  Can you recommend a particular supplement?
Hi all,   I have not posted here in a long, long time.  It has been pretty smooth sailing since my son was about 15 months old and started sleeping through the night almost all the time.   Now, he will be 3 years old in one month, and we have had NO.  Sleep.  In our house.  For a month. And we are at a total loss as to why!   His second molars are all in.  It's not too cold in his room (it was - we fixed it).  I can't think what else.  I can't think much at...
There was a memo from the Health Department, I think, basically saying that schools weren't allowed to question religious exemption letters, that many people have been suggesting people should print out and submit along with their religious exemption letter.   I've seen that site but thought the religious exemption letters on that site seemed somehow not good.  One goes way too far and one is so short I can't believe it'd be considered legal.  Has anyone got one...
Hey, could anyone link me to a sample exemption letter and the government memo that I'm supposed to include a copy of? (For New Jersey)  I can't seem to find either of these things... been searching forums and google for hours... don't know what I'm doing wrong.   I'm placing my son in daycare and need to submit the religious exemption with his paperwork.   Thanks Amanda
Jo, I do have an update.  I spoke with Dr. Schlachter and he says it's taken care of, not to worry, they will continue to participate.  Apparently there's some recertification they have to do with the healthcare company every certain number of years, and he does it by fax so every time it comes up there are problems with it, he has to resubmit it a number of times before it takes, they say they didn't get it or whatever.  Anyway, he said it took him five or six tries but...
Has anyone else heard anything about this?  I got a letter in the mail yesterday from my health insurance company, United Healthcare, saying that my son's pediatrician, Dr. Schlachter in Essex Fells, will no longer be participating.   I am going to call up Dr. Schlachter's office and United Healthcare today and find out about it.  Has anyone else heard about this / know more than I do?   If this is true, this is really terrible for us.  We love Dr. Schlachter and...
Oh, the procedure was called "right inguinal hernia repair and hydrocelectomy" I think.  He had a hydrocele in there that was swelling up a lot sometimes: they drained that, and closed up the opening between his abdominal cavity and scrotum that was allowing things to pass through.   They said if it wasn't taken care of, it *could* eventually go into full-blown hernia mode, and he could wind up with a loop of intestines bulging into his scrotum, which would be a...
As an update, I did bring him to the doctor, and the doctor took a look at it, agreed it had been getting worse rather than better, and gave me the number for a local pediatric surgeon.  We went there and had a consultation to confirm everything.  He did end up having surgery on it a few weeks ago, it was a breeze, and he has been given a clean bill of health.  He was cranky and sleepy for about a day and a half, then went completely back to normal, his range of movement...