or Connect

Posts by ambylove

I'm about to turn twenty in a couple months, and I get a lot of financial aid (which is where the 3000 comes in). We have brand new campus apartments that would be amazing for both of us to live in (I lived in them my freshman year), but we go to different schools.
Hello, I am currently a college student trying to get an apartment with my partner. We both work at UPS making between 110 to 150 a week each. We've been talking lately about getting an apartment, and due to the home circumstances I am currently in, I would want to get one sooner than next august. In January I will get about 4000 for housing during the semester. So, I'd figure that if that, and the savings we accumulate between October and December, we could find a decent...
I can understand where you are coming from. My mother was in the almost same position as you when I was little, and she went through a long, hard time trying to figure out if she should change my name to her maiden name, the same name that she carried. The only thing that she didn't do was ask me. I would have said, "yes." For me, it's would have been an even deeper connection to my mother. I felt almost abandon from my father, and he was never in my life, and I carried...
You have chossen very beautiful names. They all go together very well. I like the originality and the combination of both cultures. I love Kioko and Gustav as names. And whatever you choose, it'll be perfect for your new lamb =D
It's normal. My siblings and I (four of us are biracial) range in skin tone and hair. For example, I am a light caramel color while my younger brother is a darker caramel color. My hair is slightly less coarse than his. It all really depends on the genetics that are getting passed to one child and the other. I bet they are beautiful nonetheless though =D
I am currently a Mac girl. So, my opinion may be bias, but I was also in the same boat as you. I started out wit a PC and wondered if a Mac would be better. You can easily find a PC laptop at Walmart for around 400 to 600 dollars. My little brother, cousin, and aunt all go their laptops there for 395. Even though Macs cost a whole lot more (thank god to discounts), they last much long, more durable, and virus free. With a PC, you replace it maybe every year or every twice...
So far, I'm working toward a beautiful home with some land for the future kids to run around in and to grow a garden. I want to live a simple and fulfilled life. I don't want nothing extravagant, and I just want to be able to not worry about not being able to eat or pay rent. My partner and I always discuss this kind of things and we always talk about a simple home, land, a place for her mother and sister, and where we are perfectly content. I also want to be financially...
Thank you guys for all the advice. I just came back from the eye doctors. He prescribed me Acuvue Oaysis. So, now I am looking around where I can find them the cheapest. I went to Dr. Bizor's Vision World and there they are 34 dollars and I got a 10% discount there, but in all honesty it's not as good as some places on the internet. I have to go to a check up next week and then I get my prescription, but I just want to thank you guys for helping me. I'm off to look...
I''ve been following your thread and I just want to say from your son's perspective, you are doing the right thing mama. Even though it may be hard, you are taking care of your son, keeping him safe, and loving him to no amounts. I really wish my mother did the same thing. Even though it's hard right now, it will get easier. If you need anything, anything at all, even someone to rant to, just give me a PM.
Gosh, that's sad to hear. Hopefully next time they bring it up!