or Connect

Posts by lia_joy

What a powerful story, Amberskyfire! thanks for sharing <3
I think that guilt might translate into pain for some, but I suspect that it'd be more likely to manifest indirectly.  My most painful birth, for instance, was my second which was due to posterior presentation, not directly to my emotional state However, I was not taking care of my own needs enough during pregnancy. I was taking on too much. I wasn't slowing down to listen to my body's needs as I felt I needed to take care of everyone else & never took the time to go see...
I was up at 3am this morning eating leftovers from dinner & a bowl of yogurt with cereal (since we're out of milk)  Lol.  What once would have been an entire meal is now just a little mid-night snack... I still felt starving when I woke up around 8.  The constant hunger is officially overtaking the nausea/throwing up, I think.  Unfortunately, i think the heartburn is starting already, though.
I remember seeing one of those "I didn't know I was pregnant" shows where the woman had 3-4 kids and then went through an entire pregnancy without knowing -- so obviously she wasnt showing much!!  It really sucks to feel so sick & feeling like there's not even visible evidence of the baby you're going through all of this for probably adds to the challenge ((hugs))   Your bump will probably pop out soon & then you'll have a whole new set of annoying...
I have been in bed for most of this pregnancy, not because i'm high risk or anything, just because my body has been so tired and sick that puting in a load of laundry or standing in line at the grocery store will wipe me out so completely that pushing myself further hasn't really been an option.  The NUMBER 1 thing I've noticed to keep from getting depressed about it has been to accept it and not get into feeling guilty!!    I can really relate to having my helpers...
Beautifully said, Motheringbliss! Very important lesson for all of us!    There once was a time when I fantasized about having the parter who'd sway with me, hold me and be really intuitive, present and loving during labor... My first birth ended up being completely alone and it was wonderful that way.  For the next two births, my husband was amazing and supportive, but not in that romantic way I'd imagined while pregnant with my first.  It simply wasn't his...
I didn't even know i was pregnant with my first son til I was 11wks!! I'm huge this time (#4) but every body & every pregnancy is different.  I've seen women who were 4-5 months that I'd have never guessed were pregnant at all.
wow, that's INTENSE.  I can relate as I am also feeling humbled by this pregnancy, but I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you.  So glad you're okay and thanks for sharing your experience as I'm sure you're not the only one who has a hard time slowing down.    <3 Lia
does he understand that you sense his fears & that they effect you even if he doesn't speak them out loud?  It sounds like maybe he is keeping them to himself because he feels that's the best way to support you -- thinking if he speaks them, he's causing you unneccessary stress... Maybe if he knows he's not going to say anything you haven't already considered, that having fear doesn't mean not supporting/having faith in you & that it'll help you worry about his...
I've been feeling horribly sick during this pregnancy. My book writing has been completely on hold & I've been feeling so unproductive... Which makes me even more proud to have finished this article yesterday :) so I'm sharing it everywhere!  It took me a really long time to be able to articulate all the complex reasons behind my decision to UC -- Now, almost 9 years after first making the decision to do so, I've got it all pretty clearly oulined...