or Connect

Posts by olstep

I would not recommend Jill Adams. Maybe it is just me. She seems to need more control over birth than I am willing to give. So I made sure she would arrive only to catch the baby.   What I didn't like is that she wanted me to lie on the back to push out the baby (same story happened to another mama). For a better view? Can't think of another reason. And I didn't like at all that she pulled out my placenta. There was no much bleeding: normal, according to her. So why?...
Quote: Originally Posted by MsBlack Not that you asked for my assessment! And not that anyone gets any guarantees in this life. No I did not but I appreciate it. I have sent you a PM about juridical part of UC.
Quote: Originally Posted by JTA Mom It is not fatalism to see that in the aspect of pregnancy/birth, we really have very little control on outcome. You can eat supremely healthy, be healthy, active, etc, and still have a bad outcome. Can you increase your chances of a healthy birth/baby/etc? Sure. But we're talking about statistics, and well, with statistics, it doesn't matter that something is only a 1% chance if you happen to BE that 1%,...
I did not mean to touch the painful subjects like stillbirth or miscarriage. The only intention I had was to hear some encouragement that one can kind of prepare herself to have a positive outcome. I am tempted to go UCed but find it difficult to block my brain that tells me that it may be unsafe. I do not argue that things happen no matter how hard we try (in childbirth or life in general) but fatalism is not my philosophy. I do believe that we have responsibility and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Just1More I have not had any prenatal care as of yet. I'm 30 weeks on Thursday. . Obviously the above is not appalling to you. Quote: Sure...ask for help because you can't afford it, but don't ask her to change her fee because of who you are or because you've already had prenatals or read a book or seven. I will expect a MW to change her fee because I have had prenatals, even if you tell me...
Good question! The thread should be in the stickies, IMO!
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride There's no guarantee that I'm not going to get killed by someone running a stop light when I go to pick up my van this afternoon. There is no guarantee in life in general. Period. We can do something to be better prepared, control some things but not everything depends on us.. What pps talking about is complications during birth. Childbirth does involve some risks. Nobody can guarantee a safe outcome....
Quote: Originally Posted by Stayathomemommy I would always plan for an unexpected UC even if you have a midwife. It doesn't hurt to educate yourself but knowing and being able to use your knowledge when problems arise are not the same. Most likely there will be no problems during the birth but if they are, she'd rather have a medical professional to deal with them. Yes, final decision is hers. Still there should be a way to do it without...
Quote: Originally Posted by tessie I imagine it depends on what you mean by health problems in the baby. Mainly complications during the birth which would require medical intervention.
How true is this statement? Obviously, the better a mom takes care of herself the better start her babies will have. Is it a rule? How common are the exceptions? Even though the birth is considered unpredictable, is it possible to predict the outcome for the baby with more or less small error? Or are there too many factors that need to be taken into consideration to make any grounded judgement?