or Connect

Posts by hmk123

Quote: Originally Posted by SquishyKitty I always find it frustrating when people who don't have kids tell me what I should/shouldn't be doing with my child. Or when they're just outright obnoxious about how they plan to parent their (as yet unborn) children. And then they have a baby, and don't do any of the things they were so obnoxious about. I don't care either way how you plan to parent, but understand that you're going to be met with some...
WOW! So many responses... I agree with just about everyone... : It is easy for me to say now what I will do when it is all just talk. But when push comes to shove what will I do? How could I possibly know? That is very true. We are pretty heavy duty into environmental stuff, and I do not think I could justify doubling my garbage for years for a baby's poo. That being said, there may well be times when disposibles are just easier, and I do realize the time...
I am not sure yet. I would want a midwife and our state is pretty unfriendly from what I have heard. But I am in the right circle to find one (a couple of women in the raw milk co-op have done it.) We still have time to decide, but at least the option is there and my hubby and I can discuss our options and feelings openly and truthfully without feeling we have to "fight" for our opinion.
"You will use a bottle because you don't want to breast feed in a public restroom." Well, you are right I do not want to breast feed in a public bathroom, and I will not but that does not mean that I will not breastfeed in public... I am ready to be flexiable, but I do see what you mean about people want their own decisions validated. They could not or choose not to so I will not or should not either.
We are still trying so this is far off... BUT my husband shocked me the other day. We were talking about vaccinations and stuff (and while we are not 100% anti-vac we do think we will be selective and delay) and I was talking about interventions and stuff on the baby, and everything they do... My husband said (with a totally straight face) said "If you want that to happen we may have to have a homebirth." I was flabbergasted. I have always thought since our...
We started using it after we go married and got to the "We are not 100% ready but if it happened it would be OK" phase. Worked for us for a year. I think it does have everything to do with how well your husband knows himself and if he is willing to eer on the side of responsibility I guess that preejaculate can contain some sperm so ideally pull out would be before that... You can time how far before your husband does that and ... well by other means...
I hate it when people tell me that I cannot possibly know what I will do when I actually have a baby, about how I will raise them and what I will and will not do. "You cannot possibly know until you actually have them. Then you will see and change your mind." My sister is particualrly annoying on this subject. How do I know that my baby will eat local and/or organic food? Because hubby and I already do, at least 85% of the time, it will require no change in...