or Connect

Posts by Ganesh78

Hello wise mamas.  Sometimes I feel alone in many decisions that I make.  This being one of them.  My 4 1/2 year old had a couple of vaccines at 2 months and I have not continued.  My 3 year old has never had any vaccines.  They are healthy, thriving energetic kids that have just got colds this week and I'm realizing the last time they were sick with a cold was in August of last year.  Impressive...as everyone around us ( kids and adults) seem to have been sick with...
Does anyone know of anything quite similar here in Canada?  That way the hefty duty and taxes and shipping of cross border shopping can be avoided.   Thanks in advance!  
I am sitting here writing and I don't even know where to begin.  We have a 3 1/2 year old and a 2 year old.  We love them to death.  They are our world just like any other parent.  But he and I just don't get one another.  We are so very different.  We could have used a counselling session pre-kids but instead we were graced with 2 amazing children that we both love so dearly.  He's a wonderful father - he really is - we have conflicts (some of our best fights) with...
Wow!  Thank you for all of the great replies and tips.  I will definitely check out that book.  And I know I need to relax about the dinnertime - I need to remind myself that there are bigger things to get worked up about (or maybe I should rephrase that ad in - is anything worth getting worked up about?) But in the moment at the end of a long day it can be tough.  Gentle reminders.  Thanks again...!
My boys + dinnertime = exhausting and frustrating.  I don't mind breakfast (usually steel cut oats with berries, flax and plain yoghurt every morning), lunch (PB sandwich, apples/fruit, or cheese and crackers, carrot muffins, nuts, dried fruit etc snacky type foods) but dinner I just cringe.  When I get ambitious and go to the trouble of making something homemade and generally "healthy" they turn up their noses.  I can get lucky with homemade cheese pizza, salmon cakes,...
Hi there mamas ~ I am a RN working towards my L&D specialty. I am currently focusing on a paper about families' personal experiences with their preemies in the NICU/SCN. I would love to hear from anyone about their experiences especially as they relate to the attachment process with their babes. Also with a focus on staff (mainly nursing) and what they did (or did not do) that was encouraging and supportive. Thanks in advance
Wow. Reading through all the replies and the discussion have really helped me start to get my head sorted around everything that went on. I think there's a lot of truth in that I need to familiarize myself with the Nigerian culture - surely that might help me understand things a bit better. In uni I took courses on cultural sensitivity that had a focus on subjects such as ethnocentrism - that term horrifies me and i certainly hope I didn't come off in my post sounding...
Thanks Babygirlie ~ appreciate the response. All the things you brought up do make sense. I hope I don't come off trying to figure out who's right or wrong. That was not my intention at all. It's just really trying to make sense of it all and to try to strengthen the relationship (especially without getting my back up). The jet lag makes sense as she's not a young woman and I realize she was tired - it was just that it lasted that entire visit - maybe you're right and...
About a month has passed since my MIL's visit and I am still consumed with some of the things that occurred during her visit. She stayed with us for almost 6 weeks and this was the first time she had met her grandchildren who are both under the age of 2 1/2. When I first found out she was coming I was excited that they would finally get to meet their other grandma although apprehensive at the same time - especially at the length of time she was coming (she was also coming...
Thank you! I have found the book (organicmom) at my local library and going to check it out. Apparently quite the black market here in BC getting a hold of raw milk! Will look into it though. Cheers