or Connect

Posts by mrscookie

It seems inevitable it's going to be soon? 
On the issue of polite requests and saying thank you, my 3yo does this for the most part, although sometimes he's impulsive and says "MORE ORANGES!!!". Sometimes, I'd ask him whether he could make that a polite request, and he would, or I would just confirm "You'd like more oranges, please?", and sometimes he'd say he wants me to ask politely for him. I'm not sure if this is entirely in the spirit of the book, but I do make it a request for him to address me in a manner...
"Wow, you're really frustrated / upset / mad [because ... (if you know what the reason is)]. It must be really hard to have such intense feelings. I know you can get through this. I'm here for you if you need me." And then you hold them or don't hold them, depending on what they want and wait until they're done having the tantrum.    I was just listening to a Naomi Aldort interview, where she was saying something I thought was so helpful about how if kids see that...
Anybody still nursing? I'm at 34 weeks and L (3 y / 3 mo) is still nursing at bedtime, 0-2 times during the night and in the morning for an extended period of time. When I'm home from work on the weekends, he nurses an additional 3-5 times during the day. No complaints about any changes to mama milk, which I've asked him about, but when I squeeze, there's not much coming out and it's clear. Is that colostrum? I'm so glad that it's been tolerable for me to continue to...
my little boy and his friend love the cutting fruit set from M&D. otherwise, i like the ikea play kitchen, and they have some cute pots and pans. etsy has some nice felted fruit and vegetable items. 
I would be sooooooooooo annoyed. I don't know what else you can do other than to express that this is very important to you and you aren't willing to compromise on this point. Can you control the food being given to your kids, so that even if she's preparing things you're around, or is she watching the kids without your supervision at certain times? In the end, this is hopefully temporary, but I would be really very annoyed. 
i cut out my son's naps somewhat after he turned two also. if he would nap, he would stay up until 11.30 or midnight, sometimes later. now we have a much better schedule. he goes to sleep between 8 and 9 (we try for 8, with success, often, but sometimes it's later), and getting up between 7 and 8 at the latest. i'm pregnant now and i can't imagine staying up that late with him anymore. i would be exhausted. i'm so glad we made the switch and i don't feel guilty about it...
If it's a girl: London Stella.  I have a feeling it's a girl and I will have another chance to find out on Monday when I have a follow up ultrasound.  If it's a boy, we'll have indecision until he's born, surely, just like we did last time. 
With my first, they told me the baby was around 8 pounds, but then, he was born at 6pounds 11oz, so this time I just don't even want to know. (Being told my baby was big would really make me freak out.)
When I first started to let my son watch things on the ipad or the computer (when I was super sick during the beginning of my pregnancy), I had a lot of trouble with him asking all the time and wanting to watch things all the time. Then I switched it to letting him watch a short 20ish minute thing in the morning and a short 20ish minute thing at night, which, in my opinion, is fine for a 3 year old, given that he has lots of other activities and reading and what not...