or Connect

Posts by mrscookie

At 10 weeks my nipples are starting to get tender. I'm okay once we get started, but initially, I'm constantly warning to be very gentle and open very wide... 
I was having a really hard time with morning sickness, but seem to have finally found something that is helping me: homeopathic ipecacuanha 30c / sepia 30c. I bought it on impulse at the grocery store and it seems to be working. Initially just the ipecacuanha, and then I also tried some others that were indicated for morning sickness (the ones they had). Some made me feel worse, but these two seem to help to the point where if I feel it coming on, it fades enough to be...
I have to say it's one of my biggest worries: how will my little boy (3 in October), handle the decline in mommy milk. He's so attached to nursing and being in the wrap, and I feel like it's going to be very sad for him to not have that anymore. On workdays, he nurses lots in the morning, almost the whole time on our morning half hour walk in the wrap, and pretty much nonstop after I get home and then before we go to sleep. He doesn't wake up to nurse most nights and...
feeling much better too at week 10. a bit of nausea here and there but nothing debilitating. still somewhat tired, but better than before. hoping i can get back to my usual working out routine. ironically, even though i was intensely nauseous, i gained a bunch of weight because whenever the nausea ebbed i craved really dense, starchy, fatty foods and went overboard on that stuff... now i feel like a blimp!
I kind of want to decline the weigh-ins. Having struggled with weight and body image in the past and given that I'm neither underweight nor overweight, I'd rather not have to deal with it. Even weighing in so I don't see it kind of stresses me out. We'll see how that goes over. I don't mind so much weighing myself at home and making sure nothing is totally out of range. Last time I only gained 12 pounds in the whole pregnancy and had a healthy 6 lb 11 oz baby. I feel...
I've also "grandfathered in" wool, silk, down and leather items. Leather is definitely the hardest one for me, because I love bags and shoes. Oh well, at least I'm not buying anything new and not eating meat / dairy is really the biggest thing. 
So, now that I've been feeling more nauseous, it's been hard to stay raw vegan. The vegan part of that is okay, and I'm drawn to and have cravings for cooked hearty (salty) vegan cooked foods, but when I eat them, I feel like crap the next day, probably mostly from the grains and the excess sodium. Like right now, I'd love some kind of thick, salty stew with beans and veggies and pasta in it. I can't stomach greens still, at all. I'm kind of giving myself a pass to just...
you mean your milk supply got more after you got pregnant before it changed got less and changed to colostrum? i'm confused. it's not that pumping is painful for me, it's just a hassle, and i already pumped for over a year at work, and i'm just .... tired of it. and i'm wondering whether it's just prolonging the inevitable. 
It was just a fleeting queasiness until now, but it's really hitting me today to the point where I'm not even drinking enough water. No throwing up, just queasy all day long. I ran out to the natural market and got some seabands, ginger tea, pickled ginger and ginger / raspberry / peppermint tablets by Solaray. I almost feel like the seabands are helping already, but we'll see. 
just a tiny bit of queasiness here and there, reduced hunger and fatigue. (8 weeks)