or Connect

Posts by Beauchamp

Hey, I'm still here. My son will be 3yo in June. He's awesome! Healthy, happy...no issues whatever.I understand the anxiety, and I hope you don't worry yourself too much. Sometimes I think we have such amazing access to technology, and yet it causes us (especially mamas!) a lot of unnecessary worry.Big hugs, mama.
I need some help organizing my "command center". Where is yours? Kitchen? Home office? What do you use? I have a calendar that I carry around--when it's closed it's 8 1/2" x 11", big enough so I can write quite a bit. Previously I tried to use gCal on my iPhone, but that wasn't working so well because I couldn't see ahead. I've also seen those huge wall calendars in kitchens--which seem great, but then do you also have a second calendar for when you leave the house? I...
Honestly, I like to use natural products, and I've tried a lot of them on my skin (I'm about to turn 35, BTW, and so I'm with you on being sick of having bad skin!) but what works for me (and I mean IT WORKS. Regularly. Consistently decent, usually CLEAR skin) is Dan Kern's regimen on www.acne.org I buy his BP, moisturizer and AHA lotion (I don't buy his cleanser because I find my current cleanser works fine for me--Kiss My Face olive oil bar (the one with just olive oil,...
I like EcoGlo Minerals. I used to use Everyday Minerals until I got a Groupon for EcoGlo. I'm pretty sure it's a WAHM business (correct me if I'm wrong), and there are deals regularly on Facebook and Groupon for good deals.
OP here! Life handed us some craziness, and we lived in NorCal for a while, NY for a while...and then my husband landed a job back in the PNW...so we're headed to Portland on MONDAY! We have a temporary place to stay for 60 days while we look for a house. I've been looking in the NE/SE, my husband is looking further out (he wants a bigger yard and more square footage.) Hopefully we can find something we both like! He will travel for his job a LOT, and will need to commute...
Ack, my response got deleted! Anyway... I just found a new family chiro that I'm thinking of trying, although I'm not sure if at this point it will help. His tooth gap seems to be closing, which is good. We may have some reattachment under the tongue, so I'm going to get some new photos as soon as I can get someone to help me with that. Night nursing is slightly better, but he's sleeping longer stretches (when is that a BAD thing?? when you're trying to get milk in at...
Ugh..I wrote a long response and somehow lost it. dot1...I'm pretty sure he was class 3 or 4 on the lip. The tongue tie regrew and Dr. Kotlow said he needed to laser half an inch...so I think he was really in need of some help. I the past few days he's even started trying to say some words!! Before he just made little grunty sounds, and said 'mama'...no other words at all. trying to upload a before pic...
Thanks. Good luck with your second revision. Yikes! I think one of the hardest parts for us at this age was that he is so much more aware than a tiny baby would be. When Dr. Kotlow came back into the little exam room later to show us the stretches my son LOST IT and started screaming when he saw Dr. K... I think a young baby gets upset, but is sort of what, huh? where's that coming from, that really bothers me! and then suddenly ahh, here's mama and moves on to something...
No, I didn't know about the FB group, I will check it out, thank you! We saw Dr. Kotlow on Oct 3rd....so maybe someday I'll be NAKing again....a girl can dream...
Thanks. Yes, it's hard, and I'm blaming myself. We had his tongue tie clipped at 4 days old, and never assumed that would be causing our nursing problems, since it was "done" already, you know? And I asked our ped twice about lip tie and he said no, he didn't have one. Frustrating! So after months of slowly decreasing nursing, having problems, it NEVER being comfortable, much less enjoyable....I just knew something was wrong. He's most likely our last baby and I feel...