or Connect

Posts by Nova0929

My husband and I co-sleep with our 10mo old son. He wakes up to nurse about 4 times between 7pm bedtime and around 9:30pm; sleeps solid till about 12:30am; I change dipes and nurse, then he sleeps solid till about 3am. Then from 3am till 6:30am wake up he wakes up every 20-30 mins to nurse! I am trying desperately to finish my dissertation during his naptimes and after bedtime. I really need these constant wake-ups before 9:30pm and after 3am to stop. I have started...
My 7 mo old son only goes to sleep with me nursing him to sleep. This happened with our 1st child, now 3yo, and I vowed to never, ever let that happen again! I desperately wanted to give new baby more opportunities for going to sleep than just nursing to sleep. But then, bit by bit, I took over nursing him to sleep, don't know how, it just sort of happened ... and here we are at 7 months and only I can get him to sleep. I absolutely want my husband to be able to get him...
No, you're not being cruel! But here's what I did in this situation: I took my baby for a walk in the Ergo and he would fall asleep in 15 minutes max, and I could ease him into bed. Some days he went right to sleep in bed, other days I had to take him for a walk. Then I tried walking him in the stroller and he also slept right away in that, and I kept him in the stroller for the remainder of his nap. I did this for about one month, maybe 50% of the time (other times he...
My son has ALWAYS been super independent -- he wanders off in the park and never once looks back to see if we are following him. He runs away from me while hiking and will not stop when I call him. When we're taking a walk he speeds up ahead and runs up the hill and around the corner and keeps going. I chase after him of course. But when I was very pregnant it was hard, and now carrying the baby it's also hard. For awhile we had great success with the consequence of...
Thank you for your wise response!   Do you have experience with your toddlers not staying in bed? If I leave the room (if he's acting wild and crazy) he doesn't mind - he just jumps out of bed and comes out of the room. Or if we have locked it he crawls under the bed, climbs in his drawers, etc. Bribery hasn't helped, ie the sticker chart thing (which I don't like at all but thought I'd try it for this situation). Any other ideas for keeping him in his bed?   We...
My almost 3yo is soo hard to get to sleep at night, but we're doing really well with a bedtime routine that we stick to every single night. Still, some nights (most nights) the last 30 mins before he falls asleep, while we are in the bedroom, are really hard - he jumps, kicks, yells, bangs the wall, etc. If I could just be peaceful about this I think we'd all get thru it, but instead I get really really really angry. Like I just SNAP, go into an alternate personality!...
Yeah, it's hard .... we usually keep the door open and do yoga in the hallway till he comes out and *asks* to close the door! We thought, hm, maybe we're distracting him, and seeing us or knowing we're doing something that he can't do with us is just stimulating him even more. Sometimes we do nothing, or read a book with a headlamp, but he still comes outside to look at us and wants to to join us. But closing the door isn't working, either .... then he climbs up on the...
We are trying to get our 2 1/2 yo son to sleep at night without our having to be in the bedroom with him. We used to lay with him till he fell asleep, which was sweet and fine with us. But now we have a baby and often my husband works late or travels for business, and we can't do that consistently any more. So we are trying this: we do our bedtime routine as usual, kiss him in bed, and walk out of the room. THEN, he gets out of bed every 10 seconds or so! But,...
My son, 2 1/2, is SUPER DUPER active. When I was helping him to sleep (for his whole life before new baby was born) I actually had to physically hold him in bed or else he'd crawl out lickety split, run around the room, jump on the bed, crawl under the bed, thrash about, kick the walls, throw his stuffed animals around, hide under the covers, etc. He just does not settle down. Even after I did the same bedtime routine every single night: stories, yogurt on the couch,...
Thanks for this idea! I totally get it ... The baby gate is an interesting idea. What has happened when I left the room is that my son climbs up on the dresser, jumps from dresser to bed to chair, crawls under the bed, unplugs the lights, turns on the overhead light, opens the drawers and climbs into them, etc ... ! We kind of gave up b.c of this .....   I like the audiobook idea ... can you tell me what it is so I can find one that has music and white...