or Connect

Posts by nudhistbudhist

My heart goes out to you Amy. I went through something smiliar with DS... went from a peaceful home water birth to forced C-section. It was not the way we planned. I had not found MDC yet, so I had no one to talk to about how I felt. Everyone around me kept telling me the important thing was that baby was ok. But I WAS NOT, and that didn't seem to matter. I didn't have a chance to grieve the loss of my birthing experience until I got pregnant again. I pray you have some...
DH has always been the more hormonal one during my pregnancy lol... He's the one that gets the cravings, gets emotional, gets tired, gains weight, gets headaches, has PPD... He truly FEELS the pregnancy, even though he's not the type to have his hands all over my belly. So I guess its only natural that he do all the nesting
Hypnobabies is AMAZING for preparing for birth, and its NOT just for NCB. There is a cd specifically for C-sections. Also, they use a Fear Release technique, which will help with you fear of needles, etc, and they also show you how to create a "Bubble of Peace." If I have to have another C-section, I would definatley use Hypnobabies.
I was just discussing this with my doula the other day. She said with her last homebirth, it took two hours for the placenta to come out, and it was harder than the birth. Her cervix had already closed to 5 cm and so that was why it was painful. She finally got it out sitting on the toilet and pushing like a mad women. She bled quite a bit until the midwife gave her homeopathic remedy. All her other births it was quick and painless.
What about an electric blanket? Lots of people where I live already have them (gets to -40 here). I should borrow one!
DH is nesting now too! It's been two days of this: He takes care of DS ALL NIGHT, then wakes up, makes us breakfast, gets the fire going and opens the lid of the hot tub so we can have a dip while he cleans the kitchen. He comes and gets DS out of the tub, puts him down for a nap, and cleans the rest of the house. He's been cleaning the truck, washing the car seat cover, re-organizing the baby stuff, etc etc. He's making lists. He's shopping EVERY day to get the "last of...
Spinning babies is THE most informative website that I have found. It took me HOURS to pour through all the info, but I've been sticking to it, and have an anterior baby this time around (even WITH an anterior placenta). Baby does go posterior a couple times a week, and when that happens, I go into the hot tub and do some Spinning babies moves. It takes me about 1 min to flip baby back It takes longer to do it on dry ground though. The deep, warm water of the hot tub...
SOunds like typical posterior presentation labor to me... I had the same thing with ds. DS was also asynclintic so only part of his head was pressing on my cervix. I could feel him turning his head, trying to get in a better position, and that would cause more intense contractions, but they would slow right down again or stop completely for hours. I did castor oil to stimulate contractions, and it did work for quite awhile, but eventually it would slow down again. I wish...
I hear you! DS was 7 mos when I got pregant... I was having such bad breastfeeding aversion and pain that I actually started using a paci at night (to my total horror, at first). I felt so conflicted at first because I never ever wanted to use a paci as a replacement for me.. however, it probably saved my BF relationship with DS. It helped me nightwean (though he's not really night weaned, I only nurse maybe once at like 5 am so that I dont have to get up with him). I...
It sounds like they are the ones judging YOU and not supporting YOU because YOU make different decisions than them, not the other way around! Perhaps this could be mentioned... If you dont have the freedom to express yourself and your thoughts on your own facebook page around your "friends," are they really your friends? I have friends whom parent differently, and while I dont agree with it, its not "offending" me because I understand that they believe (like most...