or Connect

Posts by nudhistbudhist

I used to say "we dont hit" and grab his hands... but after repeating myself so many times and not seeing any change in his behaviour, I changed tactics. He is 16 mo but and advanced 16 mos, so I do expect a little more from him. I started grabbing his hand and saying "that hurts" with a sad expression, and then I show him what I prefer he do with his hands. I take his hand and pet my face with it, and say "Nice, thats soooo nice" and show him that I like that. After a...
Last time I warned everyone in advance that the time after the baby is born is crucial mama baby bonding time, and that we plan on being shut-ins... The policy was if you wanted to come and visit a couple days after baby was born, then bring food or do something around the house when you show up, because we're not hosting in our normal fashion... we had people come by with food, and people stopped in and helped with the laundry and the farm animals... it was wonderful. I...
I think you are a wonderful example to parents around you... THANK YOU My dad beat my mom in front of us when we were little, and my mom spanked us with her hand, the belt and the wooden spoon...I cant watch any movies that even start to hint at domestic violence... I get physically ill and anxious. Anyways, I have caught myself starting to say the same things that were said to me as a child when I'm under the stress of a screaming baby and feel powerless to stop the...
The last two nights I have had labor dreams all night long... so realistic that I almost cried when I woke up and I was not in labor anymore! Last night I thought my water broke when I was in bed... (TMI AHEAD) turns out I had to pee really bad, so everytime the baby bounced on my bladder... you get the picture... bleh. I'm soooo done!
me too! my mom recently described this rash I used to get all the time... fits the description of prickly heat! I was always freezing as a child, despite being forced to wear my snow suit when there was only 1cm of snow on the ground and it was roughly zero degrees... As a teen it got worse... I would literally sit on the heat register in the morning trying to warm up... even though the house was 19 degrees all the time. I manged to reset my thermostat living in the...
When people ask me when I'm due, I say anytime between now and when she gets here The ony one that annoys me is when people ask when my DOCTOR thinks I will give birth lol. I just say my midwives are confident that the baby will be born, probably after I go into labor...
Quote: Originally Posted by Astraia nudhist- IDK how that works... With DD we had her in minimal layers at first and her hands and feet would feel cold so we'd add another layer... and then another layer.... and then another. In the end her hands were STILL cold but there wasn't anything else we could put her in so we gave up. Its normal for their hands and feet to feel cooler than the rest of their bodies... as you noticed, adding layers...
I'm in
It gets down to about -40c here and we live in a drafty log house that we heat with wood... however, I still keep baby completely naked against my skin in the Moby wrap... I wear the Moby as a shirt with baby inside We only put clothes on the baby if we are going out in the truck somewhere... once we get to our destination, I usually wear baby skin to skin or as close to that as possible. We cosleep, so baby is naked in bed too. Body heat is an amazing thing... We always...
One thing to know about castor oil is that if your body isnt ready you could have contractions that break your water but become irregular and peter out... Then your care providers start the clock on how long your water has been broken as they worry about infection. With your water intact they will be in less of a rush. I would be sure that your baby is not posterior before doing castor oil. If the baby is not posterior, then there is a way better chance of success inducing...