or Connect

Posts by nudhistbudhist

I was going to say I don't think I've ever seen anyone breastfeed "militantly" before! I've also never witnessed "extreme breastfeeding" but it sounds like it would make a good show lol... The pic I posted of my wedding kiss no one in our family even knew I was nursing. DS was about to lose it during the ceremony (we made him wear pants) and was asking for Boo's boos boos boos boos boos... he couldnt wait another second... luckily, I predicted that when I bought my dress!...
I was wondering if anyone has a to-do list going for when labor starts? I've been trying to keep the house in a state of cleanliness these last two weeks, but its hard with ds running around... so I guess my list looks like this: Clean the house esp bathroom Sheets on the couch Eat! while I still can! (an actual meal) set up the pool shower curtains on the floor stacks of towels around the house cover the clocks take my vitamins call my doula SLEEP if I can......
OUr gap is pretty small but has gotten bigger as I got farther along in my pregnancy. I'm 39 weeks now, and have been opting for processed organic foods at times for convenience, and halfway through my pregnancy I had to give ds a paci because my nipples could not take that much nursing. I have also been using the portable dvd player in the bathroom to keep DS on the toilet long enought for him to FINISH the BM he started so that it doesnt end up on him or the floor. He...
I nurse out the top of my my shirt or I unbutton, and as a last resort, from under my shirt. I feel totally comfortable nursing anywhere, anyhow I feel, because thats what breasts are for. I'm so tired of seeing breasts plastered up everywhere as sexual objects, but being expected to "nurse descreetly." They are just boobs, people! Could you imagine someone expecting a dog or horse to wear some sort blanket so that we aren't exposed to the vulgarity of its babies suckling?...
DDC crashing to give you BIG HUGS... I'm 39 weeks and had a lot of the same things going on a few weeks ago, plus swine flu. The winter jacket thing I finally solved... I bought 2 big wool wraps, one black, one grey, and I can wrap myself, my belly and DS on my back in the ergo. If its really cold, I wear both. They were $20 each, and I can wear them after the baby is born. The pelvis pain/hip pain thing I resolved with the chiropractor so for two weeks I've been pain free...
My DH last night was asking for statistics last night... how many due, how many born already, when their due dates were, child number____ etc lol. I was in a dead sleep last night and he woke me up to tell me we should inflate the birth pool in the morning to make sure it works properly (no holes). He must be excited too!
Do you check in here to see if there have been any new births? I keep checking, and reporting to DH, and now he is asking regularly for updates. I'm just sooooo excited for ALL OF US! Hoping one of us is in labor RIGHT NOW, and sending all my love and peaceful birthing vibes to you all.
I had a long slow painful start last time.. Castor oil worked amazingly fast to get things going! Something to consider when your nipples are too sore to continue lol.
There are all kinds of things that freeze well and taste great after! A short list: scalloped potaotes chilli stew curry on rice lasagna baked spaghetti baked beans etc etc And dont forget about your clow cooker! thats also a great way to get dinner ready. There is a crock pot section on MDC with TONS of amazing recipes...
I wish the reason I wasnt sleeping was pregnancy... my husband is SNORING worse than he ever has!!! I'm sleeping on the couch... Its very hard not stop the hormonal rage at 2:30 am that tells me to duct tape his nose shut... lol. Seems funny now, but I'm NOT laughing at night. Of all the times he's got to snore, he picks NOW???? When my 16 mo is finally sleeping??? grrrrrrrrrr. Last night I could hear him from the LIVING ROOM!!!!!!!!!! ok I feel better now... thank you...