or Connect

Posts by sssmommy

hi, i've been trying to find support groups in the charleston area for unschoolers. i have found some inclusive groups but the focus seems to be religious. sooo, i've decided to form a secular group for unschoolers. i would love to hear from anyone in the charleston, south carolina area. also, i would love to hear from anyone who has ever started a support group. do you think it is wrong to have such a specific group. i would love to find a group that was for...
what part of sc are you in, we are moving to charleston this month...can't wait, love the hs laws...we are using option 3 using the smile association. i'm trying to start a support group there for secular unschoolers!! so anyone from charleston, sc i would love to hear from!
i didn't know if i wanted to tell this story but here i am telling it. my husband and i got married on the beach. we stayed in a house there that we all felt strange things in. my mom experienced things being wadded up and shoved under the bed when she had left them perfectly neat minutes before. but the worst was a feeling i got that came from the ceiling (my parents stayed in the upstairs). but i learned just a few years ago (we've been married almost 10) that...
[QUOTE=feather]Last thing(could go on forever, sorry!) I see I am not the only one who gets teary eyed when I hear these stories. Why is it that when I hear a story concerning the supernatural, my eyes get all teared up. I mean, I am not SAD, so why does it happen???[QUOTE] i know this is an older post i'm quoting but i'm just now getting back to this thread...and this question really got my attention. i do the same thing too when i'm reading, not out of sadness...
Quote: Originally Posted by boobs4babes although my husband has made it known that he isn't quite as fond of my under arm hair as I am. Says I'm a hippie i read not too long ago in the book "the joy of sex" (just for the funny sake of things i thought i'd tell you that i originally typoed "the job of sex"...tee hee...sometimes! really sometimes it is) that the armpit hair should under no circumstances be shaved! it made me laugh so hard,...
school of rock --> joan cusack
i'm new here, but enjoyed skimming through. i got a 165 but i don't know if i'm really all that crunchy. i don't wear skirts. i don't shave though either. i use electricity!!! lol i'm laughing that i even bothered to take a quiz...i mean aren't we crunchies supposed to be bonding instead of seeing who's the crunchiest. i just wanna bond with you babes okay!!! still, i was surprised to be so damn crunchy!!!!
okay, i found this thread and was really getting into it and then it just stopped on the 9th, where did you all go. i came here looking for other non-shaving mamas. found some, yeah! so i'm hoping to find or start a thread about not shaving and have some questions about it pertaining to kids, etc. i haven't shaved in 3 years. before that i went for a spell in college for about a year until my boyfriend said he wished i would shave again and i said only if he...
wemoon...i love your advice about wardrobe but i must say i do wear shorts and even bathing suits...let 'em stare!! i haven't shaved in about 3 years. legs or pits! i think pits especially should never be shaved, it just feels so soft and no stubble or burn. i too have dark hair and fair skin, but i do tan well so only that first month in shorts is scary!!! i wonder if there is a thread about other women who don't shave. i have interesting questions about children...
i'm a little over 2 months no poo, me and the kids. it has been great getting to know what my hair "really" feels like again. i just use baking soda on my hair most of the time. occasionally i will rinse with the vinegar. the kids i just put baking soda in the water. question: my husband has psoriasis, so he uses this awful tar shampoo. any natural remedies he could replace this with??? hanging in there!!!